Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

HTC HD2 questions

Hi
Im reasonably keen to get this phone as, other than a phone, my main usage would be the internet...for which the 4.3in screen would be perfect.

I have read that there are/were quite a few bugs in the HD2 at the moment.
So my question is this, if any of you have any experience of this phone can you tell me if o2 has released the hotfixes or firmware to sort the bugs out ? (mainly the SMS one)

any other feedback would be welcome too

Im on the 35 quid iphone 3g tariff at the moment, due to expire in 6 weeks or so

or maybe i should go down the Nexus1 route !?

Cheers
Highlighted
Anonymous

HTC HD2 questions

I have the handset, it's very good.

There is an issue with the SMS where the more texts you have from a contact the longer it takes before you can 'tap to type a response' however there is a hotfix available on the HTC website to all users which will take no more than 5 mins to apply. You basically download it from HTC.com, pop it onto the phone's memory card, select to open it and it installs itself. Problem solved. Smiley Happy

The good news is that so far all the little hotfixes have been freely available to download from the HTC website, it's only a complete firmware update that o2 would really need to approve then release. There are also all sorts of hints and tips on the XDA developers website.

I'd go ahead and get the phone if I were you. Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

HTC HD2 questions

Thanks for the quick response, made for some uplifting Sunday morning Reading!
A couple more quick questions tho if I may?
So the hotfix/es you now have on your phone have addressed any problems of SMS getting stuck in the outbox ? And has the lag gone or just been reduced when opening a heavily threaded mail?.... Also Re: SMS opening lag, was this only evident on SMS with huge amount of replies in ie: 100 or so or are we talking way less than that?
Have you experienced any weird screen problems... Noticed a few you tube vids of some strange ghostly touches on the upper right hand side of screen when holding the phone in bottom right corner.
Finally, what tariff you have this on ?
Thanks in advance

Frosty
Highlighted
Anonymous

HTC HD2 questions

The only problem I've come across, thankfully, is the issue of having to wait for the phone to finish scrolling through/counting how many texts you'd been sent by a particular sender before it would allow you to respond, which as you mentioned does become more noticeable with 100+ sms. Thankfully the hotfix allows you to respond instantly and also adds a message counter to each contact.
Have just watched a few YouTube videos and the screen is perfect Smiley Happy
I'm on the equivalent of online 35 18 months which is 600 mins 1000 SMS unlimited data £35pm and £100 for the phone. However if you're already with o2 make sure you specifically speak with 'retentions' to make sure you get the best deal available.
Highlighted
Anonymous

HTC HD2 questions

Great,
Thanks for your time and info

Cheers
Chris