Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

HOW TO ACTIVATE BBM ON CONTRACT ?

Hello, I have a blackberry curve 8520 on contract from carphone warehouse. I told them i want bbm so they told me to call o2 and i did and asked for the service and the man said he will activate it for me. It's been a few months and it still doesnt work.
My main question is, if i have an o2 contract how do i make my bbm work ?
in addition my mother borrowed this phone when i upgraded and used it with her contract where she did have the bbm service.
Anonymous

Re: HOW TO ACTIVATE BBM ON CONTRACT ?

If the service worked when a different sim was in the phone then your mum must have her own bb bolt on separately from you, otherwise it wouldn't have worked when she borrowed it. Given this, here are a couple of ideas you might need to check;
1 is your mum supposed to have bb services on her sim? If not, maybe it was added to her number in error instead of yours. This might be possible if both phones are on the same account.
2 if she is supposed to have it too, then at least the phone is working ok, call cs and ask to check if YOU have the bolt on applied to your number as well.
3 ask if you have a GPRS bar on your account, you might have had this added before you had the bb and it might just have gotten left on by mistake.

Hope the answer is in there.