cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW DO I MOVE TO PAY MONTHLY BUT KEEP EXISTING P&G NUMBER

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought it would be easy to find help on the O2 Website, but I really do think there is a band of malignant gnomes on the loose messing things up (or maybe they only exist in my PC).

My "PROBLEM" is -

I want advice on the procedure to be followed so that a friend can order a new phone and a Pay Monthly Contract online from O2,  but be able to retain their existing O2 P&G number. 

Question 1 -  At what stage does the request for number transfer take place?   Is it during the online ordering or after the new phone and related new SIM card are received?

Question 2.   There is a web page at http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number#qs  which is supposed to give guidance on this, however on that page there is a link to Fill out the Keep my number form  but when we click on this it takes us to a page headed "Contact Us" and there is no sign of a Form to fill in but links to, yes you've guessed, O" Community.   So where do we go for help please?

Naturally, if any one has an idiots' guide to what I hope is a starightforward process readily available, there is an idiot here who would be eternally grateful.

Gerry

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have no doubt I was lucky when I changed over with the advisor who guided me through the process.

This time when I am due to upgrade, I will be taken every step of the way by the experts on here...

They may be running for cover as I speak... (joking of course)  LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'll Google the answers for you Den wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

They may be running for cover as I speak... (joking of course)  LOL

Oh I wondered what all the disturbance was about.  They looked terrified.

Gerry

Message 13 of 18

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff you are getting to the stage whereyou are now helping others, I'm sure you will need the minimum of advice come November wink

Message 14 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff you are getting to the stage whereyou are now helping others, I'm sure you will need the minimum of advice come November wink

Ok...so this is why you are all keeping your eyes open for a Note 3 In RED....and I have the best tariff you found all bookmarked...?

No. I know who I will be asking thank you very much. (The fact that you will be in Thailand jonsie is NO excuse) Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I'll Google the answers for you Den wink

Yeah yeah yeah....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're very welcome Gerry

😄
Message 17 of 18

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Thanks MI5 for flagging it to me. I'll feed this back to the team guys
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 18 of 18