Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELPPP!!

Nicole
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was browsing the internet and i have received a text message saying “FreeMsg: Thank you for subscribing to www.gifvids.club for £4.50 every week from Technifun Ltd until you text STOP to 83463. HELP? 03300535872” It has charged me £4.50!! How do i stop this?! I dont want to text or ring thenumbers above as I am worried I will be charged even more!! Can someone please help?!
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Nicole

Have a look at this help thread

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

You must have inadvertently clicked on a link and been signed up.

If you contact the company you can ask for a refund and to be unsubscribed from the service

Edited to add there is another website which will help if you contact them.https://payforitsucks.co.uk/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Nicole

Have a look at this help thread

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

You must have inadvertently clicked on a link and been signed up.

If you contact the company you can ask for a refund and to be unsubscribed from the service

Edited to add there is another website which will help if you contact them.https://payforitsucks.co.uk/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Call customer services on 202 and ask them to put a premium block on your account too
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Are you able to say what you were browsing at the time? Social media by any chance? It could well help others to understand how they get or got subscribed in the first place and to help customers to reduce the risk.

Message 4 of 7

KH59
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Exact same just happened to me.  After panic then bit of research i sent the STOP message and received text back confirming unsubscribe.   I also emailed the company TECHNIFUN and the following morning rang the number from the text to follow up on the STOP text.  The reply was automated saying i was now unsubscribed from all services.  They had taken first £4.50 though.  Rang o2 customer services.  The money was immediately credited back to my account by o2 and i was told I had followed exactly the right process but that I should check my account in a week and that if any more charges appear to contact o2 who would put in a complaint on my behalf.  They were very helpful but it is so worrying that this could happen so easily.  I definitely did not click on any subscribe button.  Surely there has to be some next step where you confirm you want to make these payments ...which of course 99% of people don't!

Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Pleased you had such a positive outcome @KH59

A couple of the network operators offer a two step verification process.

We have been asking O2 to implement the same system for years now. It would save such a lot of stress slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

KH59
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well let's hope it is a positive ending and no more money comes out. Out if interest why don't O2 want to take up this 2 step verification? It just strikes me that all the new data laws are so strict that it seems bizarre that such practices are allowed in the telecoms world. I have laws to protect me from unsolicited cold calls but not for this which is worse.
Message 7 of 7