Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP o2 unlatch

LB95
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I purchased a new sim with another network. However, I was not told by O2 that I would need to unlatch my current Samsung S7 O2 monthly phone in order to use this. The only thing I recieved from them was my PAC code in order to keep my number. Therefore when trying to unlock my phone with my new sim I had to enter my 8 digit code which I assumed was my pac code, but this obviously did not work.

I was then told in-store that I need to unlatch my device. O2 sent me two emails, one with a code, (which still didn't work), and then another straight after saying that my device is unable to be unlocked. I am assuming that now my phone is permamently locked?

I have spoken many times with O2 who have told me that this now isn't their problem and they will take it up with the manufacturer and get back to me. However, I have now been waiting over a month and my PAC code has now expired.

Has anybody got any advice on this? Currently I am paying for two contracts as I can't use my new one because of the phone locking :(.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
You can only keep trying out resolve with customer services or take your phone to your local market stall to see if they can help.
You need a special code if it's hard locked which O2 have never been able to provide.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
You can only keep trying out resolve with customer services or take your phone to your local market stall to see if they can help.
You need a special code if it's hard locked which O2 have never been able to provide.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2