cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!! iphone 4s no signal bars, wont call or text

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya upgraded to a iphone 4s just two weeks ago. all was fine until this evening when the phone went to no service. It is now showing 02-uk and 3g internet is working but it wont call or text because there are no bars. I've tried resetting the phone- and the network options.... nothing is working... is this a network problem or my phone? 😞

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

have you tried the sim in another phoned, cleaned the sim, restored the phone via itunes, turned airplane mode on & off

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

hiya I reset it 8 times and the signal has come back. I am so disappointed with this iphone since i've had it in 2 weeks I must have reset it a hundred times, everytime a new update comes or something the phone messes up. I hope its solved now because I went from a rubbish blackberry to now a rubbish iphone 😞

Message 3 of 12

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
New update?:/

What's it saying before it drops out? I'm thinking you may have a dodgy phone or install.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

is there a new update as my phone isnt showing it? take it to apple & they will swap it there & then & within 15 minutes you will walk out with hopefully a brand new working iphone

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry I meant like an update on apps- eg whatsapp or instagram. Am going to see how it goes for the next few days and if it does it again I will take it to apple x

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

let us know how you get on

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
will do. thanks for your time. Hoping it just a one off signal drop and not a phone problem 😞
Message 8 of 12

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Out of interest are the blackouts when swapping from wifi to 3G?

Presuming you use wifi for updates?

It sounds software related and there's a good chance a restore from iTunes may fix that.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

also might be worth checking the o2 status checker to see if there are any issues in your area

Message 10 of 12