cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP URGENTLY NEEDED - 8 MONTHS PREGNANT - PHONE STOLEN - O2 BLOCKED MY WHOLE ACCOUNT

LizAbe
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On Thursday 14th December, I got robbed in London and I'm 8 months pregnant.  I rang o2 and they blocked my sim and phone, ordered me a new sim card. The sim didnt arrive and I decided to go in store on the 17th December for a new sim and they said it would take 24 hours to activate. 26 hours later 18th December I speak to o2 and they confirm there is a bar on my sim which has now been lifted and will take 24 hours again to work.  I said this wasn't good enough as I have been without a phone since 14th December. 

3 advisors and 2 managers later, they advise me that actually there's a block on my whole account and only tech services can remove this block and it takes 3-5 working days.  The manager promised to give me a call back today 19th December at midday to update me, as you can imagine I have spent hours on the phone and on hold speaking to different people giving me different information.  No call back to update me, I called in again and the update from customer services is that they were looking into my request.  They keep saying that it is being escalated but no one can contact the tech team, no one is giving me a call back and no one is helping me. 

This whole situation is causing me an immense amount of stress and all I want is for someone to help me or escalate this.  I have made a complaint but i'm waiting on a response. 

Does anyone have any escalation phone numbers please?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

LizAbe
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Below is a time of all the calls I have made. I need people to see how much stress and anguish o2 are causing me. I have emailed the complaints team with this 3 times in the last 24 hours and heard nothing. 

18th December – The original sim I ordered on the 14th still hasn’t been delivered and the Sim got from the store still isn’t working 24 hours later. I called Customer services at 14:20pm explained my sim wasn’t working and she said there was a bar on my phone and that she was lifting it and it would take 24 hours before that bar could be lifted. Again explained this wasn’t good enough, asked why the store didn’t lift the bar and that I needed my phone to work she said there was nothing they could do.

18th December – 16:14pm – Spoke to Tamworth o2 store Manager and asked why they didn’t remove the bar and she said it was due to human error.  She then spoke to an online support, who said that there was still a bar on my account and that I would need to speak to Customer services to get this removed.

18th December – 17:14pm – Spoke to customer services and the advisor stated there were no bars on my account and didn’t understand why someone would say that as he couldn’t see any bars on the account.  To resolve the situation he would issue me a esim which would instantly make my phone work.  He issued me an email for esim and said I would get a notification on my app and it would take 3 mins to receive 15 mins later I received nothing. Then he asked me to order it myself on o2 and we soon realised we couldn’t because of the 2 step verification and needed my number for the text message.  I explained he had completely wasted my time and wasn’t listening to anything I was saying.  He said he would reissue me a esim and would give me a call back in 15 mins.  I never received the call back and had cancelled plastic Sim.

18th December – 18:57pm – Called in again to customer services to get my plastic sim card reinstated.  The advisor reinstated my card, but explained there actually is a full block on my account and not my sim card.  That nothing will work until this has been lifted and can take 3-5 working days to be lifted.  Then the advisor said the block/bar has actually been submitted on my account but not actually completed, they need to wait for this to be completed and then lifted.  This makes absolute no sense to me how can a block be submitted on the 14th and not be completed by the 18th.  Also why had I spoken to so many people in customer services and no one seen this issue. I had spoken to two managers and no one had resolved this.  My issue still remains unresolved.

19th December - 13:50pm - Called customer services again for an update on the Account Block as the Manager I spoke to yesterday evening (18/12) who promised to keep on top of my case, keep me updated and promised to give me a call at 12pm did not in fact give me a call.  Customer services said that they had a message on file to say that the technical team were looking into the block. My issue with this is no one can speak to the technical team, they can only email the team to escalate and they do not give any time scales.  If they were looking into my issue this morning surely it would be resolved by now if someone actually wanted to deal with my issue.  Also I was unable to speak to a manager because I would have to have a call back as there are no managers available.  This to me is a manager not wanting to deal with a distressed customer. 

19th December - Spoke to OFCOM in hopes to get this matter escalated as there are no escalation points within your organisation. 

19th December - 19:18 - I rang o2 for an update as no one I speak to is giving me a call back to update me with my issue or taking any ownership.  The woman I spoke to at customer services said there is no bar on my account and because I got the sim from the store I will need to go in store and get them to ring me. After arguing with her for 10 mins and trying to convince her to look into my account properly, she finally saw that there is a bar and this had only been submitted today at 2pm. Which doesnt make sense at all, as I had raised this over 24 hours ago!!!!! Why is there so much conflicting information when I speak to each advisor? Why is no one giving me a call back or taking ownership. 

Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145424 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27931 Solutions

@LizAbe 

Once a complaint has been made no one from O2 can discuss anything with you.

There are no escalation numbers either, just customer service Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

You'll have to email complaints now https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

We usually advise Resolver but if not used there's no point doing so now as a case is already open and will just be closed as a duplicate.

Complaints can also take up to 8 weeks to resolve.https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 9

LizAbe
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been without a phone since Thursday, my problem isn't phone calls and text messages its 2 step verification is linked to my phone number.  I cannot even get in to my bank account. 

I cant wait 5 working days for complaints to get back to me. This whole situation is really stressing me out and causing me so much anxiety.  I really need someone to help me resolve this. 

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 145424 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27931 Solutions

@LizAbe 

You've cut off any other routes by raising a complaint.

As said, all you can do is keep hounding the complaints team now.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 9

LizAbe
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What should have I have done? No one was helping me. 

Message 6 of 9

Oxonian
Level 30: Meditator
  • 6799 Posts
  • 126 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

@LizAbe 

Sorry to hear of your predicament. You could take a look at :-

Accessibility & Vulnerable Customers Policy | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/access-for-all/accessibility-vulnerable-customers-policy

There is a Support Request Form hyperlinked therein.

Please keep us updated on developments. 

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 145424 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27931 Solutions

Not saying you shouldn't have done but just pointing out that it lies with complaints now, so they are the only ones who can do anything @LizAbe 

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 145424 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27931 Solutions

@Oxonian wrote:

@LizAbe 

Sorry to hear of your predicament. You could take a look at :-

Accessibility & Vulnerable Customers Policy | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/access-for-all/accessibility-vulnerable-customers-policy

There is a Support Request Form hyperlinked therein.

Please keep us updated on developments. 

Pointless now it's with complaints.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 9 of 9