cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got scammed several times

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello guys.

I recieved a huge bill about 3 months ago (it was over 150 pounds) after that I came to o2 shop and told them that my bill was way too huge. They was saying to me that I was scammed and after that they gave me number of fraud department or something like that. I did pay for that.

Viewing my bill I did realise that someone somehow was buying game currency from my o2 account, and people from fraud department said to me that everything was blocked after that and noone can buy stuff from my account. Ok, after that everything was ok and at last month my bill is 268 pounds, and another bill is about to be ready and it's for 160 pounds already. What is this and why they can't stop this weird activity at my account? 

Thanks. Sorry for my english it's horrible

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122377 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You need to look at this guide and follow the advice https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-scam-What/ba-p/968023

You probably have clicked on a link that takes you to a site where you are being charged.

Any indication of the number this is linked to? Also what action did the fraud dept take?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122377 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You need to look at this guide and follow the advice https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-scam-What/ba-p/968023

You probably have clicked on a link that takes you to a site where you are being charged.

Any indication of the number this is linked to? Also what action did the fraud dept take?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If the fraud dept told you they had put a block on 3rd party charges on your account, they need to refund you the money they are charging you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122377 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
If the fraud dept told you they had put a block on 3rd party charges on your account, they need to refund you the money they are charging you.

This is why I asked the question @MI5. Whatever action the Fraud dept said they had taken, they obviously haven't done enough....Also, I wasn't aware this was action that they could take... ie place a blanket ban on all 3rd party charges. What if the op decided later he actually wanted to sign up to a premium rate site. Would he have to contact the Fraud dept to get the bar lifted?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I guess so, but if they tell you they have done something, you would naturally assume they had.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5