cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got new contract with 02 and old contrcat was also with o2 - number has magically transfered over ?

Michele3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - hope someone can help - I had a contract  with 02 which expired last month and I bought a new phone from a mobile phones direct  this week - I received the new phone and turned it on without a sim and my old phone then said no service - I transfered data over to me new phone and then put in the new sim and hey presto my old number has been transferred and the new phone works fine - I presumed I would have to contact 02 even though I am still with them - I cannot get through on 202 as I just gte cut off all the time - what I am worried about is will I get two bills now - one for my old tariff and one for my new - or do o2 just "sort it out" and bill me for old up to the  sim swapover then new aftrewards ?

Must admit I did not think it could be this easy to transfer the number ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Michele3 

If you did an upgrade your number will switch over automatically and your old contract is cancelled.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Michele3 

If you were with O2 before and upgraded with MPD, then your current contract should have ended.

You did say it expired last month?

Therefore you should have nothing left to pay on the old one.

If you want to double check then call O2

Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:

If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to an advisor.

Press Upgrade, Lost/Stolen if you have to.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Michele3 

You will just be billed for the airtime you used up to the upgrade date and then the new tariff rate will be used. These charges will be pro rata and your billing date won't change.

Everything will just carry on as before but will just an adjusted bill amount.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4