cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a new SIM card 02 now say I owe £80

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bought my wife a new iPhone S from an 02 store for Christmass ( turns out they are only AGENTS nothing to do with 02) and guess who got her old phone yup, me no probs, changed to my own number etc and that was that.

After Christmas we went to the 02 store where I got the new phone from so we could get the right size SIM card as none was with the phone, the contracts with 02 had expired long ago, the gent was most helpful and sorted the new SIM card out no problem, great and that was that wife kept her old number etc.

A few weeks later we changed over to BT as it was only £5 each per month we are pensioners you see so looking to save as many pennies as we can, then 02 sent me an email stating that I owed them £80 so I contacted them for an explanation and they said we had terminated our contract with them ( WHAT CONTRACT ) and this sum was what we owed them ???? We were always on the pay and go monthly thing and NEVER agreed to any contract, 02 blamed the store were we bought the phone, the store said it was 02s problem and not there's !!! we have now got a letter demanding this money from a debt  collection firm, have contacted 02 and they say they have NO record of any outstanding debt, completely mystified, what do I do now ? Cheers HM27.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I'm glad they saw sense and sorted this out for you. It was apparent that they had put you on a 12 month contract. Thank you for updating us slight_smile

Message 11 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144385 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

It was apparent that they had put you on a 12 month contract.

That was indeed the most obvious but couldn't be certain without the investigation from complaints.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 12