cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gone from Pay Monthly to Pay and Go

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've recently gone from Pay Monthly to Pay and Go and asked for my number to be transferred back to the new sim. This was about a week ago and my number hasn't been changed over yet. Is this normal or do I need to phone again and ask for this to be done, again?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Did they give you a new Pay & Go sim and have you done a sim swap, or did they say they were going to do the swap for you? It sounds as if they haven't done the swap. You can do this yourself: http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122910 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

I would give O2 CS a ring on 202 and ask for this to be done. Your initial request should be on your record but if it hasn't happened yet you do need to give them another call

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 144323 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Normally this would change at the end of your current billing cycle and you should have been advised of the data this would take place.
If you don't have confirmation you need to check with CS as advised above.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 93228 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You should have received a text with the date of the change. If you have reached your billing date you need to call them for clarification.

Message 4 of 10

Bambino
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Did they give you a new Pay & Go sim and have you done a sim swap, or did they say they were going to do the swap for you? It sounds as if they haven't done the swap. You can do this yourself: http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 93228 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

From what I remember they send the sim out already transferred when you go to P&G or at least they did when I transferred my wife's number to P&G a couple of years ago.

Message 6 of 10

Bambino
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Ah, okay. I'm not entirely familiar with Pay & Go. I was just thinking that they might have sent him a blank P & G sim, as if it was already transferred and got lost or stolen in the post, someone else would have access to whatever credit was on the sim, unless they also give you a separate code to activate it. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 93228 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Bambino
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Got it. Thanks. wink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bambino's method worked! They swapped my number automatically a few years ago, sending the Pay Monthly and doing it within a day or two of arrival, so I was a little worried I might lose my number. But the number swap worked, thank you!

Message 10 of 10