Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

Gold to Silver

I have been a customer with o2 since 2002 and I was a gold customer up until today when they changed me to Silver. I was looking forward to my early upgrade in May from a very poor performing iphone 3g. I am not a happy bunny.
I emailed a complaint and got asked to call and adviser. The advisor couldn't help me and advised to email a complaint - I am going round in circles
I hate my iphone!
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Gold to Silver

I have just had this response from o2. I don't think they are getting my issue.
I have tried calling again and they keep advising me to email.
Hello
I'm sorry our team couldn't help you.
I can't change your priority to Gold customer as its' done by a
different team. To find any details, please click on:
http://www.o2blueroom.co.uk/O2PriorityList/
To talk about this, you need to speak to us on the number given in the
previous email. Unfortunately, we can't listen to the calls. But I've
taken your strong feedback and sent it to our Support team. We value
your custom and loyalty.
To upgrade your contract online, please click on:
https://upgrades.o2.co.uk/index.htm#getMPN
Then follow these steps:
- Enter your mobile number and click ?submit?.
- Enter the code you get by text.
- Create your package.
- Check the summary of the order and click continue to checkout.
- Your order will then be complete and you?ll see the details of your
order on the last page.
You can also call on the number given in the previous email.
I hope this helps. If there is anything else, please reply to my email
or visit our online help centre at:
http://www.o2.co.uk/help
Regards
O2 Customer Service
Telefónica O2 UK Limited, Registered in England No 1743099. Registered
Office: 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Take the account number out of your post, it helps reduce fraud! :womanindifferent:

Having read everything you have posted, I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Take a deep breath, think about what a waste of time all this is and wait another couple of months with your 3g.
At the end of the day, it is a phone and I bet you will quickly get bored with your new toy.

What seems bizarre to me is that one minute you want to leave O2 then the next you are still fighting for an early upgrade. Make up your mind!!

Gold customer since 2002???? Smiley Indifferent

:womanindifferent:
Highlighted
Anonymous

Unfortunately, because the Priority scheme evaluates a customer's account approx. every 12 months you will have some cases where a downgrade will mean that a customer who was just about to get a 3 month early gold upgrade suddenly finds that they are only eligible for a 1 month early blue/silver upgrade.
In all fairness it does mean that you haven't spent enough in the past 12 months to be eligible for the early upgrade.
This can happen in other businesses too. For example, dropping from silver to blue in the BA exec club. You basically won't have flown enough for BA to warrant giving you the silver benefits anymore.
Want to get back on the gold tier? Take some advice from the old BT ads...it's good to talk Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

I had the same problem.. My upgrade was supposed to be on January 1st 2011 but somehow i missed it..due to being busy..i had just claimed on my iphone insurance ect ect, so i spoke to o2 who confirmed the next time i could upgrade would be March 1st 2011 at a cost of £80 (today)
I recieved an email saying i am no longer a Gold customer so my upgrade will be in May!
I pay 2 seperate o2 phone bills so on average theyre getting over £70 a month from me anyway but say I can't do anything about it!!
I spoke to them today and they said theres nothing i can do about being in the silver tier apart from spending more money basically.. as my bill is on average "only" £50 a month now Smiley Indifferent ..
I just think its a bit sneaky and out of order! I'd be paying £80 for the upgrade to the iphone4 anyway so whats 2 months difference!
Highlighted
Topics: 573
Solutions: 3,881

William Wallace would be truly unhelpful! Smiley Wink
...and by the way, I flagged your post.