Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going round in circles over unbarring my phone

crossgillyd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why is this such a problem? It has turned into a saga.

I reported my phone lost and was told it would be barred for calls/texts etc. The next morning it was found and returned to me and so I called to get the bars lifted. I was told I would need a new SIM so headed to 02 store, signed a new pay monthly contract and got a new SIM. 24 hours on the phone was still not able to make calls/send texts/use 4G.

After contacting CS I was told to head back to the store for another SIM, which I did. Same story.

Nearly two weeks from originally contacting o2 I have done 2 live chats/ an oline conversation / spoken to four separate CS staff/ been promised callbacks (which didn't happen)/ and finally contact CS resolution. Each said 'yes I can see bars. I'll get them lifted. Leave it 24 hours'. The last said this two days ago - still nothing.

I am going round in circles. Any advice? I'm certain the phone is working ok as I can do everything else and get a 'no service' message when I first turn it on. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@crossgillyd 

Why on earth did you get a new contract?

All customer service needed to do was ship you a new sim with your current contract on it.

It's your phone that is barred anyway so CS still need to lift that bar.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

crossgillyd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The new contract was cheaper than my old one so it seemed sensible, especially as CS told me I had to go to a store to get a new SIM. Wish I had kept the old SIM now.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@crossgillyd 

Did you do an upgrade or get new contract and transfer your number?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @crossgillyd , I just wanted to check how you're getting on with this at the moment - any progress since you last posted?

Message 5 of 5