cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going from o2 monthly to pay as you go.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. My current contract runs out on the 14th March 2013 and dont want another lengthly contract so im going to switch to pay as you go. How do i go about this, can i keep my old number and what date will i be able to transfer to pay as you go. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Your contract will automatically change to a one month rolling contract when your current contract runs out, so if you're happy with the tariff you're on you really don't need to do anything. If you still want to change to PAYG, I believe you would have to phone Customer Services on 202 (free) from your mobile 30 days before the expiration of your contract and ask to be switched to a PAYG account. You can keep the same number.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Your contract will automatically change to a one month rolling contract when your current contract runs out, so if you're happy with the tariff you're on you really don't need to do anything. If you still want to change to PAYG, I believe you would have to phone Customer Services on 202 (free) from your mobile 30 days before the expiration of your contract and ask to be switched to a PAYG account. You can keep the same number.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
With payg and no monthly debit you will have more control over your outgoings which I believe is what your wanting from reading your post.

No bank fee's or network calls if you decide not to top up on your anniversary date on payg.

Con's are no nice new shiny handset.

Pro's your not locked into a contract.
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could keep the phone you have & just put a pay & go sim in it or sell the phone & use the Money to help get the phone you want either sim free or from the pay & go range, you can see which phones are available in the shop part of this site or go into your local store

Message 4 of 4