Did you mean: 

Gmail on galaxy A3

Belladella
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello Everyone,

I would like to delete my gmail app from my phone. It gives me a message saying that I might lose contact data. 

I have gmail on my computer, I'm not sure what I would be losing.

Does anyone have experience/advice?

thanks

Belladella

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You won't lose anything by deleting the gmail app (if your phone allows it to be deleted).
You can always reload it at a later date and everything will magically reappear too slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 122368 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@BelladellaProbably the message came as your phone is nearly full. You may need to delete some emails and apps to ensure gmail is working properly. I have Gmail on my phone and PC and never had a problem.:

Edited to add this article. It will help with your problem

https://techcrunch.com/2013/02/15/peak-gmail-too-many-messages-not-enough-space-and-finally-a-way-ou...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You won't lose anything by deleting the gmail app (if your phone allows it to be deleted).
You can always reload it at a later date and everything will magically reappear too slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Everything is backed up to the Gmail servers so you will lose nothing and your pc will not be affected at all.

Message 4 of 4