cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving my I phone to my son - best way to do it

Anonymous
Not applicable

My I phone is not in contract, it's pay monthly. My son uses it and I pay the bill. He is going to Spain at start of feb and I want to give him the phone but stop myself getting the bills. Also I don't want him to be picking up huge bills. What's the best way of him using the phone and keeping all his current apps and songs etc but getting a contract in Spain on a cheaper tarif. Is it as simple as me cancelling the contract, take out the sim and him buy another sim on the rate he wants in Spain

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

back up everything in itunes first, how long is he going for? you'll have to pay your monthly tariff x however many months left you have on the contract to cancel it, get him a pay & go sim, which iphone is it because the 4 & 4s need a micro sim, the 5 needs a nano sim

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
A local Spanish PAYG SIM would be best but make sure you get the handset unlocked first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

back up everything in itunes first, how long is he going for? you'll have to pay your monthly tariff x however many months left you have on the contract to cancel it, get him a pay & go sim, which iphone is it because the 4 & 4s need a micro sim, the 5 needs a nano sim

Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
As the phone is no longer in contract you just need to give 30 days notice.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your prompt response - very helpful 

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Really helpful thanks
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

no problem, glad i could help