cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving a months notice on my contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
My date for a months notice was yesterday , no live chat and no one answering the phones says 1 hour wait. Sent a text saying about ending my contract etc still,no,reply how do you get through ?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

If your date for giving a month's notice was yesterday, you've missed the boat. You'll now have to wait another month. You should try to call during off-peak times. Are you calling 202 from your mobile? Who did you send a text to? There's no facility to send a cancellation notice by text that I've ever heard of.

Not technically true.....you can still request your 30 day cancellation at any time in the contract.

As line rental is always paid a month in advance and your bill date was yesterday, it would just mean another month's line rental which would be credited back the following month month minus any charges.

Basically, request your 30 days notice over the phone or via letter (NOT TEXT) ASAP. Just expect another couple of invoices afterwards with your advanced line rental, with the last being a credit.

I think @Bambino meant exactly what you have said. ? The OP missed the boat for this month and would have another month on their account ...irrespective of when they cancelled from now...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

If your date for giving a month's notice was yesterday, you've missed the boat. You'll now have to wait another month. You should try to call during off-peak times. Are you calling 202 from your mobile? Who did you send a text to? There's no facility to send a cancellation notice by text that I've ever heard of.

Not technically true.....you can still request your 30 day cancellation at any time in the contract.

As line rental is always paid a month in advance and your bill date was yesterday, it would just mean another month's line rental which would be credited back the following month month minus any charges.

Basically, request your 30 days notice over the phone or via letter (NOT TEXT) ASAP. Just expect another couple of invoices afterwards with your advanced line rental, with the last being a credit.

I think @Bambino meant exactly what you have said. ? The OP missed the boat for this month and would have another month on their account ...irrespective of when they cancelled from now...?

Yes, @Cleoriff that's precisely what I meant. I should have explained it better. My bad. Thanks for the clarification. 

Thanks!

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 12