cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Given a Business Tariff When Personal Tariff appears to be a better deal?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I purchased a phone on Saturday and the person who served me said she'd set me up a sim only contract.

But she gave me a business contract, the £11.67 one here:  https://businessshop.o2.co.uk/O2BusinessShopMobileTariffLanding?so=SIM%20ONLY;Simplicity

She said including VAT it would be £14.

I've done research since and there is a personal sim only tarriff that only costs £11 and basically gives the same allowance (500mins/mb and unlimited texts, 4G ready etc).

I'm only using it for personal use so I don't know why she's given me a business contract? She just said something about it being a better deal? 

I'm not sure how to feel about this. Have I kind of been tricked into a more expensive contract than I needed?

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

You're within the time frame to change your mind. Use this link to speak to Customer Service.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I'm not 100% sure if you would have to go back into the store where you were sold the contract, or if you can do it over the phone, but if you call, they'll be able to tell you. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

You're within the time frame to change your mind. Use this link to speak to Customer Service.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I'm not 100% sure if you would have to go back into the store where you were sold the contract, or if you can do it over the phone, but if you call, they'll be able to tell you. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I also have no idea why you have been given a business contract if you are just wanting a contract for yourself and you aren't running a business? Follow @Bambino 's advice and get it swapped.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will do. It's stressing me out the more I think about. It was innapropriate to give me a business contract. I never asked for one and I'm not involved with a business in anyway. She didn't give me a choice.
Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
We've heard of this happening to people previously who have been set up on a business tariff when a consumer monthly tariff would be more suited !

As said you should be in the change of mind period for them to void that one, perform another Credit Check and place you on a more appropriate Tariff type.

It's always key imo to carry out as much homework as possible before signing on the dotted line.

Good luck and perhaps let us know how you get on.
Message 5 of 20

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Don't panic - You have 14 days to cancel and change but bear in mind another credit check so quickly could deliver negative results so I would leave it at least 7 days before trying again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have a working phone right now so I was stuck with trying to get some initial information via live-chat (to give me some idea of how to move forward). I explained my problem but was first offered a long list of the 'benefits of a business contract' which I understand they had to try but few of those benefits were of use to me personally and the ones that were I could get on a personal contract.

He did offer to transfer my number to consumer then and there. I asked what personal tariffs he could transfer me to but he said he could not discuss those with me as he is part of the business team so I asked to be transferred to the consumer team. 

He also said:

The consumer team will let you know the consumer deals and if you like the deals then you'll need to take a consumer contract along with the consumer temporary number and once the number is active the you can contact us and we will arrange for the number to be transferred to the consumer platform.

So then I had a chat with a member of the consumer team and she said she can help me get the £11 deal I mentioned in my initial post. So she took some details and then stayed with me while I ordered the new one online. She says when it arrives I should contact them again and they will transfer me and my number to the consumer contract and at that point my business one will cancel. I'll get charged at the business rate for the days that contract is active.

This was my first time taking out a contract and hopefully I've learned a few lessons from it! (Mostly to go away and do research on what has been offered and compare it with everything else and make sure they giving you what you want and need, etc.)

I'll pop back once more lately just to confirm the contract transfer goes smoothly.

Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Although she did not give me the  consumer temporary number. So... I guess there is technically a way to stop my business contract sooner than the transfer that I wasn't offered with the second operative?

Message 8 of 20

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Well done for sorting that out but I would remove the phone number from your post to prevent getting spammed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh yes! Thank you for spotting that!
Message 10 of 20