cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Given a Business Tariff When Personal Tariff appears to be a better deal?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I purchased a phone on Saturday and the person who served me said she'd set me up a sim only contract.

But she gave me a business contract, the £11.67 one here:  https://businessshop.o2.co.uk/O2BusinessShopMobileTariffLanding?so=SIM%20ONLY;Simplicity

She said including VAT it would be £14.

I've done research since and there is a personal sim only tarriff that only costs £11 and basically gives the same allowance (500mins/mb and unlimited texts, 4G ready etc).

I'm only using it for personal use so I don't know why she's given me a business contract? She just said something about it being a better deal? 

I'm not sure how to feel about this. Have I kind of been tricked into a more expensive contract than I needed?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
( I know this sounds silly of me, but where is the option to edit a post?)
Message 11 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Click on options in the relevant post then choose edit.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just a reminder @Anonymous  you have only 60 minutes to edit a post...then the option times out...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

How did they even set you you up on a Business tariff? You would need to have been credit checked as a Business customer and been asked to provide Business proofs

This doesn't sound right to me......was this an O2 shop or a 3rd party dealership?

Message 14 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was an 02 shop. The first operator I talked to in the chat about it didn't think it was much of a big deal. He said you didn't need to be a business to have a business contract, but still I don't think that should have been the assumed route for a consumer customer.

I've now edited grin

Message 15 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

How did they even set you you up on a Business tariff? You would need to have been credit checked as a Business customer and been asked to provide Business proofs

This doesn't sound right to me......was this an O2 shop or a 3rd party dealership?

According to the OP's opening post..." she bought the phone on Saturday and the lady who served her"...I presumed it was from O2? Either way though she isn't a business customer she was told the tariff would suit her better and it was cheap!

It beggars belief really....as the op has had to work very hard to opt out of it...and it wasn't her fault...(and she still isnt in the clear yet either...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It was an 02 shop. The first operator I talked to about it didn't think it was much of a big deal. He said you didn't need to be a business to have a business contract, but still i don't think that should have been the assumed route for a consumer customer.

I've now edited grin

Well done for editing @Anonymous ...you must stick around the forum. When I first joined it took me a few days to learn how to edit...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I really hope this works out okay :P. It makes me feel uncomfortable to be technically tied to two contracts at the moment. I'll definitely update after the next bit. Thank you to everyone for being helpful :D.

I've never had a contract before in my life!

Message 18 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It was an 02 shop. The first operator I talked to in the chat about it didn't think it was much of a big deal. He said you didn't need to be a business to have a business contract, but still I don't think that should have been the assumed route for a consumer customer.

I've now edited grin

So essentially the O2 shop have somehow credit checked you as a Business customer and passed you even though you are not a Business owner? On top of that, you would of been unable to supply any Business proofs to validate a Business account.

This shop needs to be investigated for fraudulent practices I feel

Message 19 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I really hope this works out okay :P. It makes me feel uncomfortable to be technically tied to two contracts at the moment. I'll definitely update after the next bit. Thank you to everyone for being helpful :D.

I've never had a contract before in my life!

As I said earlier @Anonymous  neither had I been on contract till 2 years ago...now it is honestly the best thing I  ever did. Just make sure when you do get sorted that you keep an eye on your usage and contract details etc through MyO2. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 20