cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GiffGaff slammed, using a MVNO has its downfalls

Anonymous
Not applicable

MVNO's can promise you everything and at a cheap rate, but what do we really know about an MVNO??

well a MVNO is a Mobile Virtual Network operator that piggy backs off someone else i.e. Lebara uses Voda, tesco uses o2 etc. they buy a bundle of mins, texts off the network and space on masts then sells this onto their customers as a package,

so who can start a MVNO? any one can, even i could and call it JayJay superway... But what goes on behind the scenes?? well this is a small insight to Giffgaff customers and what customers are facing?? 

http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2014/08/08/giffgaff-users-slam-poor-quality-service/

in short, sometimes its better to spend that extra quid a month and go to the network direct! 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 should sort their own network out first before selling some of it off to these companies
Message 11 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe it's people tethering on unlimited goody bags which is against their T&C.
Message 12 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
As usual the minority spoil it for the majority!
Just wait till gg go fully live with 4g Bob... your speeds will take a dive then 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

i understand that its other spoiling it for others, but surley the network shouldnt spoil it foreveryone just because of the "minority" so someone like bob who uses it for a bit of faceache, maybe a couple of youtube vids and some emails gets his service made **bleep**e because of others banging it... they should restric those users and let users like bob enjoy care free trouble free browsing 

Message 14 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

so who can start a MVNO? any one can, even i could and call it JayJay superway... 

Where do I sign up? JayJay Superway sounds like an awesome network! wink

Message 15 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

wink do you want in then @Anonymous 

Message 16 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MI5 said "As usual the minority spoil it for the majority!
Just wait till gg go fully live with 4g Bob... your speeds will take a dive then "

Proof is in the pudding wink

As I'm Payg I'm free to chop and change without penalty.

So as long as O2 provide a decent signal / speeds I'll show loyalty to them.

Wasn't their chat over there about the 5 year plan ending with O2 and a chance of GiffGaff shutting down anyway ?

* runs for cover.
Message 17 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Nothings been said about it and as November is the deadline I guess its gonna stay....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

if its bringing revenue to o2 they will keep it in place.. and by the looks of GiffGaff are going deeper now offering handsets.

Message 19 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
They should shut them all and just have O2
Message 20 of 25