cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting out

Anonymous
Not applicable
How difficult is it to get out of contract because of poor service . Took out 2 year one in march . Will I have to pay to getvoutvof it thanks .
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Yes is the easiest answer.

It's the amount of months x tariff amount minus any bolt ons.

Cs on 202 would confirm the true amount.

Networks cover themselves in their t&c about the network not being fault free and available everywhere which you will have signed up to when accepting the contract. 😞
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It all depends on the nature of fault / problems you are experiencing.
In certain circumstances you can get out without having to pay anything additional.
If you took a refresh contract you can pay off the handset (which is then yours to sell or use on a different network) and cancel the airtime free of charge.
Get your phone unlocked first though whilst your contract is still running
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Batman did you open / renew your contract with O2 Direct or a 3rd party ?

That will define what your options are. slight_smile
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
What problems are you having as we may be able to offer some help with that too ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
May be this from one of batmans previous posts http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Signal/m-p/650657
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I see, so could possibly be a handset fault in which case O2 or Samsung repairs team team should be approached to get it checked out.....?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8