cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting nowhere fast

Anonymous
Not applicable

I upgraded my phone around last October 2012 on pay monthly contract, unfortunately in January 2013 I lost my job, but continued to pay the monthly payments out of what little savings I had.  I want O2 to cancel my contract and any amount owing on the closure of the contract to be passed to their debt recovery department to work out some sort of repayment plan and my number transferred to a pay as you go sim as my number is on all my current CV's and online with all recruitment agencies in Birmingham, customer services say unless I pay whats owing on the bill I can't cancel my contract (which I can't afford to pay), and debt recovery say they can't sort a repayment plan as the account is still active, so I am getting nowhere fast, can anyone help on this ?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
If you stop paying the monthly payments then it should get passed to the Debt recovery agents

and also land you with a default on your credit rating Smiley Frustrated

You may be better off talking to CAB to see if they can offere you any advice without resorting to any permanent damage.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you stop paying the monthly payments then it should get passed to the Debt recovery agents
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

and also land you with a default on your credit rating Smiley Frustrated

You may be better off talking to CAB to see if they can offere you any advice without resorting to any permanent damage.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did think of that mi5 but thought the op must be knowing of the fact that missing payments would affect credit rating
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im sorry to hear of your issue and hope you gain employment swiftly.

Your credit file will also suffer for quite a few years as a default will show. I think it takes 6 years to clear once it's actually paid.

If your not going to keep paying then pick up a payg sim now and start altering your number on the documentation you listed.

Also get your phone unlocked now while your on contract as its free.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually got a call from an O2 employee that could actually make sense of the situation, my contract has now been cancelled and they have swapped my number over to pay as you go, she should get employee of the month award, actually fully understood the situation and resolved it in less than an hour including swapping number over.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It does seem to be variable depending on who answers the phone when you call..... Glad it's sorted for you.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7