cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a new SIM to work on an existing O2 account iPhone6, when the old SIM was cancelled

CharlieB1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I'm posting a problem that my elderly mother is having, she can't sort this out herself so I'm trying to help.

My mother lost her phone last week, and phoned O2 to let them know. They cancelled her SIM, and sent a new one out in the post, which arrived yesterday, and I installed it in her phone for her. However the new SIM is not activated. I used live chat to try and activate her new SIM, which I was told could take up to 24 hours. We've waited 24 hours and hew new SIM still isn't working.

We've gone onto the O2 website, and into "My O2" but whatever I try results in them sending a authentification code to her phone, which, as the old SIM isn't working, she doesn't recieve. We've tried every option on the automated phone help, and nothing is working. She needs the phone desperately - she is old, living by herself, and has medical and other appointments coming up, so desperately needs to be able to send and recieve calls.

Can anyone suggest an option that I may have missed? If I could get to speak to someone directly, I'm sure we could get this resolved, but we just keep getting spat out of the automated system!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123324 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@CharlieB1 

Numerous numbers for O2 in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Try the one ending in 4005.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 123324 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@CharlieB1 

Numerous numbers for O2 in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Try the one ending in 4005.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

CharlieB1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks! appreciate the quick reply! slight_smile
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 123324 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

No problem @CharlieB1 

Best of luck. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

There will be a lost/stolen bar on the phone which customer service will need to remove.

Once removed the phone needs to be switched off and back on.

Message 5 of 6

CharlieB1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, that's something that hasn't been mentioned before, I'll ask about it on the next call!!

Message 6 of 6