Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

GSM WAP NOW WORKING!

working now in Nottingham. Sent them an email asking why it happened, how they fixed it and what was the likelihood of it happening again? want to know about compensation too. Smiley Tongue
Highlighted
Anonymous

Genie / o2 WAP Not working

Hi KD81

I've always just kept ir rolling and when I went into a local O2 store about 3years ago was told I can get a new phone on upgrade if I wanted to continue my contract, which was a big surprise
I now just ring every year to renew it and last year cos I didnt need a new handset I got a credit of £100 to my account instead which was great.

As you say the complaints said they couldnt intervene, thats a load of rubbish, I was asked if I had contacted customer service about the problem, to which I said yes I have, twice been in touch with them and told the lady what CC said, which is much the same as you all were told, and she said to put it in an email to them and they would get back to me in about 5 days when they have looked into it....so they told you a lot of rot!! ring them back and tell them this, cos I didnt have to speak to any managerial level staff at CC

Tracey x
Highlighted
Anonymous

whoopee

It's working for me now too Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for the info. I did get a handset on upgrade once in 2005 but nothing since then. Just to make sure, you do have the SIM only pay monthly contract too?

I think, technically I could renew my contract now if that is the case. Can you let me know if you are still able to when the time comes?

Thanks alot!
KD
Highlighted
Anonymous

I have the pay monthly £10 genie one, when I joined I was just told it was a 12 month contract and I just carried it on not knowing cos I was told it was an online contract then by chance I was in local o2 shop looking at a new handset and the lady asked about my contract and after looking into it she said yes i was now able to upgrade and get a new phone, previously i had got a new phone on payg and just put my simcard in it!!!!
any way, now i just ring them within my last month and like i said before, last year got a credit on my account which lasted me about 10 months which was great
Tracey x
Highlighted
Anonymous

i pay £10 per month on genie.i ve just spoken to customer services!not entitled to a free phone and cos wap is free on my account i m not entitled to a refund either!
Highlighted
Anonymous

nothing you get off them is free

it is included in the £10 you pay

you are paying for the wap

surely they owe you some of that £10 back
Highlighted
Anonymous

Beachy
try going into your local o2 store and see what they say
thats what I did, like I said I was very surprised to find I could upgrade like that even tho I'm on an online sim only monthly tariff, which from the sounds of it is the exact same one your on!

you never know until you try, it cant be one rule for one and something different for someone else especially if we're on the same monthly tariff

Tracey good luck x
Highlighted
Anonymous

what they told me was you must have joined at a different time when there was a different offer on1i will go in tho!thanks!
Highlighted
Anonymous

During all the carry on over the GSM i realised i was due my annual free upgrade,but decided to wait til the issue was resolved before commiting myself to another 12 months with o2. I've now got my new phone,Nokia 6303, and was able to stay on the same tariff (£20 month, 5oo free wap and voice mins), but i was a bit worried if i'd be able to access GSM wap on it seeing as o2 no longer have the settings available. When i went to my config settings i was able to select GSM wap...wahay i thought! But every time i try to access anything,it goes straight to GPRS. I've looked on the net to see all the settings that i need, but can't find anywhere on the phone to enter the dial up number, which i presume is whats stopping me getting GSM. I'd be grateful if anyone could offer me any help. Really don't want to phone cust services coz we all know they don't know the 1st thing about GSM wap!