Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

some news but no date for fix

I've had 3 e-mail replies now from O2 two were useless, sending new settings for GPRS and stuff. One said that the service was out from 11th -19th Septemeber and is fine now (From other people's posts I can see it's fixed in some areas but it's not here!)

I tried phoning the customer service number and had to explain the difference between GSM and GPRS and that I had not changed my settings and that lots of people had the same problem. They said that they were going to check it out and they cut me off! nice.

So I didn't want to have to do it but I called the complaints department, very helpful, managed to find information from the engineers and that they are working to resolve the problem, so at least they are working on it and we are not in a black hole but they don't know when they will have it fixed but it should be a short term problem, oh well!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Genie / o2 WAP Not working

Mine's STILL not working and the Network Services have STILL not called me back!

I have logged a complaint with the Higher Complaints dept on 08453 300684 - which IS definitely a free call from an o2 handset!
You can also email them at complaintreviewservice@o2.com

Please all call/email them and we might get somewhere! have had no GSM since early hours of the 11th!

thx

Genie4Eva!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hello,

I'm relieved that I'm not the only one with this problem! I first reported it on 11th Sept and O2 are telling me I have to change my tariff as the WAP service I was using is now not maintained and obsolete. I'm not happy about this! (They have also sent me the GPRS settings in the past to use)

I'm also on a Genie SIM Anytime 600 with 100 minutes, 600 texts and unlimited WAP access for £10 since Aug 2001.

Will try the Higher Complaints Number tomorrow.

KD
p.s. Has anyone tried complaining to Ofcom?
Highlighted
Anonymous

At last!!! Mine just started working as of now Smiley Tongue Smiley Very Happy Finally!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Wahay!! Working in glasgow now too! Talk to you all next year no doubt!
Highlighted
Anonymous

GET IN THERE !!

WAP back online now this morning at long last, been about a 12 day outage.

Just to note, I DIDNT change any of my settings throughout this outage, just proving that it is always o2 end which doesnt work.

I do wish though that customer services would wake up to our genie contracts to have an understanding of them when things go wrong.

Right, who is going to now start the compensation claims....

Regards
MPW
Highlighted
Anonymous

yippee!at long last!i ve already asked for a refund!they got away with it last year!
Highlighted
Anonymous

KD81, thats exactly the same tariff I'm on.... Hurrah its finally back in Hull as of this morning but still, after reading the rest of these messages decided to ring the complaints number and have just sent off an email to them, after speaking to a very helpful young lady Smiley Surprised)
I was told it can take about 5 days for them to review it and get back to me, my contracts up for renewal soon and I really dont want to cancel it cos its cheaper for my family to contact me as they are on O2 PAYG...
hopefully if enough of us ring/email the complaints department something will be done, maybe we should all get a goodwill payment or refund

hope its sorted soon

TC

Tracey x
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hello,

I just called the Higher Complaints number who said they can't really intervene until I have raised the matter to Manager level on O2 Customer Services. So I called O2 Customer Services to speak to a manager and low and behold the agent tried to run me through the ''have you tried your sim in a different phone'' blah blah again!

I emphasized that that was NOT the problem and still not put through to a Manager. The agent put me on hold and came back to say then that he has requested the settings be put back on to my account and it will take 48 hours. I've just tried the WAP on my phone after viewing this forum and it now works! Didn't require 48hours! Just O2 being completely difficult! So I now have WAP in North-west london too.

I complained about the 12 days of not having the service and the agent said to call customer services back again once my internet was connected and they would ''sort it out''. I'm going to call them right now and ask for some sort of compensation as well as a written explanation of why/how/what happened to the service and how they can just stop running it overnight when there are clearly many people out there who are using it.

Again, the agent tried to get me to change my tariff to a more updated one! I'm NOT doing this out of principle now!!

Thanks for all the info on here. If anyone has any luck with compensation/explanations I would be keen to hear what O2 has to say!

KD81
Highlighted
Anonymous

KD81, thats exactly the same tariff I'm on.... Hurrah its finally back in Hull as of this morning but still, after reading the rest of these messages decided to ring the complaints number and have just sent off an email to them, after speaking to a very helpful young lady Smiley Surprised)
I was told it can take about 5 days for them to review it and get back to me, my contracts up for renewal soon and I really dont want to cancel it cos its cheaper for my family to contact me as they are on O2 PAYG...
hopefully if enough of us ring/email the complaints department something will be done, maybe we should all get a goodwill payment or refund
hope its sorted soon
TC
Tracey x

Tracey, when you say you're contract is up for renewal soon, does it not just keep rolling until you decide to stop it?

Thanks
KD