Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Genie / o2 WAP Not working

i am in herefordshire!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Just rang them and have now been told that they can't send new settings coz the service is no longer available. I said i didn't need sent any settings, i wanted the service to start up again! As usual, she didn't have a clue what GSM Wap was (she thought it was something to do with home broadband at first!). i explained i've a pay and go sim on another handset too,and for the both of them to stop accessing GSM at the same time would be a very big coincidence. All she kept saying was that because the settings aren't available to send out, then the service must be discontinued. After telling her exactly the same thing happened last year, she still insisted that the service no longer existed, and that the best thing to do would be to change my tariff.....surprise, surprise! To get a decent amount of net access ( i was getting 500 free GSM mins), i'd need to up my tariff from 20 to 35 quid. I told her where to stick it naturally! Will just sit it out for a bit longer and see what happens. Think i'll send off an email to O2 and see what kind of reponse i get there. Certainly not happy about having to pay nearly double to remain on a similar tariff. If i get no joy there then i'll look around and seriously think about changing provider.
Has anyone else had 'confirmation' that the service is discontinued? Like i said, she didn't know what GSM was,and i think she just said it didn't exist anymore because there weren't any settings she could send out for it. While i appreciate it is an old (ish) service and that they would stop sending out settings, i'd be surprised if it has just ceased to exist, without them telling us. Or would that be hoping for too much??
Highlighted
Anonymous

far too much!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Still not working for me, sussex/london.

Been a week now. i think the last main outage was about a week, so this is now turning into a major problem, one we have to all report to o2 otherwise nothing will get done about it and possibly withdrawn.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hasn't worked for me for the last week in London or Warwick.
Highlighted
Anonymous

its been a week here in Hull too....they dont have a clue what GSM WAP is, I've only rang once up to now to give them the benefit of the doubt but its getting ridiculous its not my phone or my sim as have had no problem with either until last friday when it suddenlt stopped working am going to email them and phone again.
thing is when i phoned the other day the lady took my number and postcode and said yes there was a problem but the engineers were working on it.
thinking of moving to tesco payg they double your credit and the calls are cheaper

Trace x
Highlighted
Anonymous

P.S
Im on a Genie SIM Anytime 600
and I get 100 minutes, 600 texts and unlimited wap access for a tenner....is anyone else on this tariff?

Tracey
Highlighted
Anonymous

just a quick update from Hull...
I have just rung O2 and been told that because we are using an old gsm connection, they cannot gaurantee a connection to the service, they have offered to upgrade my tariff for 300 mins and i think she said 200 texts and the wap for £15 a month, im considering it as it would mean no problems connecting to the wap...
am going to ring next week when my contract is due for renewal

Tracey
Highlighted
Anonymous

i am waiting patiently for a solution on this too. trying to avoid having to call them, as it's just another thing i have to pay for along with all the GPRS WAP i've been using while GSM WAP is down. Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Anonymous

if you ring them from your o2 mobile on 202 its a free call, donkeyjacket Smiley Surprised)
when I phoned earlier i did mention everyone on here that is having the same problem dont know what difference it makes though cos she just kept telling me they couldnt garuantee a connection on the gsm wap

Tracey