Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Genie / o2 WAP Not working

I've been on GSM WAP for about 5 years now and this happens now and again. After speaking to O" about GSM on numerous occasions over the years, i can confidently say that there must be about 2 people in the whole O2 building who know what GSM is now since GPRS has taken over.
Don't bother contacting them about this, the problem will sort itself out. Whether it will be a few days or longer, it always sorts itself out in the end.
Unless it is a scam to make us all change to GPRS and pay more...
I don;t think it will be long before they get rid of it. Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Anonymous

WAP still not working, almost been a week now with no end to the situation in site.

Think its time we all phoned up and get them on the ball to fix the problem!
Highlighted
Anonymous

I emailed them on Friday about this issue, a lady called today to say they think it's my SIM, as I've had it some time so will send me a new one on the same tariff. I said there's a forum on the O2 site and lots of people are having the same problem, she said they knew that already, so hopefully they will be sending out new SIMs to everyone, although they may need prompting first Smiley Happy

I remember my phone asking to sync up sometime Thursday evening and don't think tried to I use the internet til the following morning, when it didn't work. I assumed it was syncing my contacts and that as it usually does, but now wonder if they were changing the settings on SIM Smiley Indifferent
Highlighted
Anonymous

sending you a new sim wont work!they did that for me last may when we had the problem then and it didnt make a blind bit of difference.you just have to sit and wait it out!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks for that beachyuk, how long did it take to sort last time?

If it doesn't sort itself out soon I may just go to Orange, their Dolphin contract is pretty similiar and I get a phone as part of the deal! It did sound odd to be honest and the lady I spoke to was surprised when I told her I had been using the internet on and off for the last 8 years on my phone quite happily until last Friday.
Highlighted
Anonymous

they havent got any answers!i think it was about 10 days before it started working again!good luck! :womanindifferent:
Highlighted
Anonymous

This is getting ridiculous! Hope everyone is still ringing O2 regularly to pester them about this. It's as if they don't want to know anything about the problem,or don't even believe you when you say it's not working! Can we start listing where we live, as i remember last time it came back on area by area, for some reason. I'm in Glasgow.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Mine hasn't worked since last Friday. I'm in the Cleveland area
Highlighted
Anonymous

Got my SIM, had it activated and surprise, surprise, internet still doesn't work.

I'm in Liverpool.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Cambs area and still no luck. I'm sure it's not been off this long in the past :robotsad: