Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Genie / o2 WAP Not working

My Genie GSM wap sevice has stopped working again as of a few days ago
It's saying that the username/password combination is not correct, though I haven't changed a thing.

This is the error message im getting,and did get the last time this outage happened. Ive certainly not touched any settings !

Im (also) on the original £10 genie sim if this helps ?

MPW
Highlighted
Anonymous

problem here too

I'm also having problems with my WAP access on an old Genie contract. Message "Network unavailable". Not going to phone O2 just now as anytime I have to phone about it they do not seem to understand this contract at all.

I remember the same problem a year or so ago and it was fixed within a week so fingers crossed!
Highlighted
Anonymous

gonna wait a few days as last time this happened it was eventually sorted out.
the other network settings were already in the phone, so when i put my o2 one back in it automatically reselcted the o2 settings just needed to put in the ip address again which i did, and yes its the correct one.
o2 did offer to change my tarriff to a grps type wap for £15 a month with more or less the same benefits im getting now but why should i pay an extra fiver...would you???
hopefully this gets sorted again as im close to the end of my contract and seriously considering telling o2 to ####
Highlighted
Anonymous

seriously considering telling o2 to ####

Hang in there, this is exactly what 02 want !

If i was into conspiricy theroy, i would say these wap outages are done on purpose to get more and more people off the old genie contracts!
As this is what happens when you call up, they offer the new gprs version, and yes why should we pay MORE for LESS?

Im also going to give it a few days before phoning, as long as there is more then a few of us affected then it should get sorted out.

Thanks
MPW
Highlighted
Anonymous

why is it that, 'like genie4eva', i have in the past also been told im the only person using this old type service?????
obv there are more of us than they realise or they just cant be bothered to keep track of us
xx
Highlighted
Anonymous

Can't remember which but I do remember reading that one of the networks was discontinuing the old WAP. Expect they will all do so some time in the not to distant future
Highlighted
Anonymous

well if thats the case, why not contact the 'chosen few' who still use the old type service and offer us a better deal
Smiley Surprised)
Tracey x
Highlighted
Anonymous

GSM wap still not working

i got a call from o2 customer services yesterday and i had to tell them to go look at this forum cos they thought it was only me who had this problem. the guy had registered with this forum alraedy so he could view it. i got another call from customer services later and i had to cut and paste all these comment into an email for him to read. hopefully they will catch on and start to monitor these forums in the future. they said the problem will take at least 3-4days to rectify. hopefully it will be fixed soon.
Highlighted
Anonymous

hopefully it will be sorted out soon!when i phoned this morn,they told me i had to get in contact with sony ericsson or take out a new gprs contract fot £20 per month!
Highlighted
Anonymous

I phoned this morning as well, had to give my postcode and mobile number, to be told there was a problem with the wap connection and it was being handled although not sure how long it would take to get sorted and apologies, I did also mention that I was not alone with this problem
hopefully as you say it wont take too long

xx