Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Genie / o2 WAP Not working

Is the old GSM wap working again? Can't check mine as I dumped the contract and have been on PAYG Text and Web for the last 10 weeks. Still using the original £10 credit, so saving myself a small fortune.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: wap now working!

I posted elsewhere already but in case you check this post for updates, I'd be interested to hear if any of you Genie customers are getting letters - they haven't tried calling me about this despite stating this in the letter!

I have today received a letter from O2 advising me that they are moving me to a "more up-to-date tariff"...and that my "current Genie Off Peak 600 tariff, with 50 Off Peak Per Day minutes and 600 texts" (NO MENTION OF THE UNLIMITED WAP!!!) "is no longer available" - they are proposing to put me on a £20 Simplicity tariff as of September 1st 2010 which gives 600 mins, unlimited texts and a new data rate of "no more than £1 per day" (currently pay NOTHING for 24/7 GSM wap!).

I have left a message for the Higher Complaints Review department and await to hear what they come out with!!

When I took this contract out, approx 15 years ago, I was sold "free lifetime wap" which as far as I was aware O2 had been forced to honour based on the fact that they've not been able to get any of us that had Genie contracts (as opposed to Pay as you go that were forced off years ago) to give up our 'green Genie sims' voluntarily (unless you count those 'conned' into giving them up by misinformation given out by o2 staff!?).

Are there anyother Genie contract people having this problem?

I had a similar letter for my Simplicity account,which they only have to give 30days notice of changes - but had not dreamed that o2 would try such outrageous actions with Genie customers.

GC

I'd given up trying. About six weeks ago after an hour on the phone to customer services, she agreed to press a button which would give me one months free internet usage while i decided what to do about her offer of switching to a £22/mth tariff (which i clearly was never going to accept!!). This never came to fruition despite her promise to monitor my account to make sure it was working. And just as i was about to switch to 3, or tmobile for £15/mth (or at least to call her back and tell her that's what i was about to do!) I suddenly noticed my wap was now functional, if a little slower do to the redesigned homepage. Horrah! maybe will phone her again now and tell her she was talking out of her backside as clearly the wap service hasn't been switched off. But am sorely tempted into switching allegence anyway considering they clearly have no respect for me or my money or our contract.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Admittedly, I did eat my words and dump my genie chip after some very careful consideration, and in hinesight this has perhaps paid off for me.

Like everyone else, i got fed up with the constant wap outages and no-one ever knowing what was happening with it etc.

Thankfully, I managed to get a much better deal then the ones in `letters` you are receiving now, still getting unlimited gprs and at 75% the price.

All in all I am happier now, and its nice i have MMS too so i can get pics to cheer my day up.

Good luck in getting yours sorted out.

I had my chip since 2001 ( when genie started i believe ).

MPW
Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm on the Simplicity £10 per month and the WAP dial-up number (07712927927) is included in my free minutes, so I use that!

Jeff