Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

Genie / o2 WAP Not working

Hi,

Im unable to use the WAP service via 915000 at present.

Is this another outage affecting all o2 customers, the last ones have been.

Anyone else having problems, it was working yesterday, but cannot connect today,

I am on the old original Genie sim only card, with free WAP access.

Many Thanks

MPW
Highlighted
Anonymous

Sounds like im alone in this outage?

Think i will give it another day and give em a call.

Just out of interest, anyone know of a good sim only account with something like...
600 mins
600 text
unlimited data
all for approx £10 per month? Im not fussed on networks these days

Thanks
Highlighted
Anonymous

You would be looking to pay around £20pm for a SIM only like that.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm suffering the same problem for the last few days. I called this morning, they basically told me it's because my tariff is too old and there's nothing they can do but switch me a more expensive tariff. Cheeky gets!! I'd go somewhere else, but i can't find anything with a similar deal. It's not like i cost them a fortune, I only use my wap to check my facebook every couple of days!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

I called today too seeing as its been 3 days now.

The lady was trying to help, but didnt know much about the genie contract.

This is always the trouble trying to get through to someone who knows about our contracts!!

O2 cannot just `turn off` a service without warning, it be like me sticking 2 fingers up and saying im not paying my bill without warning. I think they would chase me!

If you look for posts which ive been involved in before, you will see that this is not the first time o2 have tried to pull this stunt.
It has so far come back every time. Sadly everytime this happens people get tempted with an offer and loads more genie customers leave the tarif, then o2 rub their hands again, and turn the wap back one once people have left it!

Your genie tariff is worth its weight in gold, you cannot go anywhere else and get a deal like it these days!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

WAP via the 915000 service still not working for me, am i the only person affected this time???

o2 are sending me out another SIM card as they say my SIM is 3 years old, and thats why it might not be working...?
Highlighted
Anonymous

I hope this doesn't sound unkind, because its not meant to be.
I don't think there are many people left using the dial-up WAP service, simply because its hard to find a handset nowadays that will make data calls. (As packet data has so many advantages.)
Therefore, there will be less chance of anyone else posting here and it could take a while for someone to come along.
Highlighted
Anonymous

genie

hey mpwilson you aint on your own!i ve been trying to get wap since saturday pm!when it happened before they sent me a new sim and it didnt make a blind bit of difference!
Highlighted
Anonymous

thanks beachyuk thats good news!

prking: i dont think you are being unkind, but it wont make any difference what phone you have!
Ive had phones from nokia 3330, samgungs e700 e720, pda and now using a xda orbit.
All my phones have always worked no matter what ive had, you just need to configure them!!

I know when my new sim comes it wont make JackShip, but going through the motions, then i hope we call get some compo again for this o2 konkup /outage.

They always treat us genie users like 2nd class post.
Highlighted
Anonymous

genie wap not working

same here for past few days, i've emailed customer services