Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch Ultra

Paul820
Level 3: Thinker
  • 59 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi, I have just ordered the Galaxy watch ultra I had noticed that it has gave me its own number for the data for the watch, what I'd like to find out is that is it not possible to have the same number for the phone and the watch? I know that EE and Vodafone they share the same number, is this not the case with O2?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul820
  • 59 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thanks for the info. I have just cancelled it as I feel 1GB data isn't going to be enough to support a remote connection for the calls and texts and also to use the other features of the watch like music streaming etc if I were to have the watch away from my phone.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38199 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

If you bought the LTE version of the watch, once watch and phone are paired correctly, there is just the one number - the watch number is never used. Hope that helps, @Paul820 👍🏼

Guide: Connecting your Samsung Smartwatch 

Message 2 of 7

Paul820
  • 59 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Great, appreciate the help. All should be good then, it's just there's times when I'll go for a walk and don't want to bring my phone with me that'll be perfect.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148742 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28439 Solutions

@Paul820 

You still need to leave your phone on when leaving it at home. It won’t work if your phone is off. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 7

Paul820
  • 59 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

So it's working through Samsung's Calls and Texts on other devices? I already use that on my Galaxy Watch 4 Bluetooth, thinking I might just cancel it now if that is how it works, I know it'll work better with it having the 4G network on the watch but I'd like to be able to just use the watch without it having to be remotely connected.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148742 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28439 Solutions

Not the same as it will work outside of Bluetooth range. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 7

Paul820
  • 59 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thanks for the info. I have just cancelled it as I feel 1GB data isn't going to be enough to support a remote connection for the calls and texts and also to use the other features of the watch like music streaming etc if I were to have the watch away from my phone.

Message 7 of 7