Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 3 4G - Please Help

MickyBlue
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Is there anyone that knows anything about how to have the Galaxy Watch 3 4G setup on an O2 plan? 

So far no one at O2 knows how to actually set ths up! I have been with O2 for less than 2 weeks and I only moved to them so that I could use my 4G watch, but I am now on my 8th phone call and can already tell this is going to get me no where. I currently have 2 SIM cards, why, because one call person sent me a SIM to put in my watch which of course is not possible. I also have an eSim voucher, but that worked at one point last week but not now.

It took a week before anyone set me up with the 'Smart watch' plan of 1GB data and £5 a month, but that is linked to the second SIM (first is in my watch and has the correct transferred number linked to it) that has a different phone number to my phone.

I am basically a day away from moving away from O2 within the 14 day window and going to another provider to see if they can do any better.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Alan

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions
@MickyBlue You'd probably have more success if you contacted Samsung UK support.
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@MickyBlue 

Your eSim will have a different number as you cannot have 2 sis with the same number on them.

Now you have your eSim and data plan set up, you need to go to the wearables app on your phone to pair the phone and watch and activate the eSim.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

MickyBlue
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Bambino . This isn't an issue with the watch, this is unfortunately because no one at O2 know how to setup a data plan for me.

I have just gotten off the phone with someone that informed me I am on the wrong plans and has cancelled both contracts (I never asked her to do that by the way and now am not even sure what contract I have)

@MI5 , thank you, but what they have sent me is 2 physical SIM cards as well as an eSim voucher. The eSim voucher does not work as they have not setup the plan correctly. The last person I spoke kept telling me to go to MyO2 and order a £4.99 data only sim. If you know what andwhere that it is, please let me know as I can't find it. 

O2 just don't seem to have setup their site, their customer service or their offers to cater for someone wanting to use the eSim with their watch. If one more customer service person asks me if I have inserted the sim card in to my watch.....

Anyway, this has been 2 weeks of utter pain and I am about to move to Vodafone. Shame.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@MickyBlue 

Typical of O2 unfortunately.

You're supposed to follow the setup routing in the wearables app then scan the eSim code when asked for.

The 1gb watch bolt on was the correct one for the watch, you do not need a mythical data sim at all.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

MickyBlue
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 , I had been using the watch and the phone as a pair for a few months before moving to O2, so from that side of things all is good. It is just that O2 don't seem to know how to set me up correctly. It is pretty simple in my mind, and I apologise if my tone is coming across rude, but I am just so irritated after 2 weeks of getting no where.

I even have an eSim voucher that they sent me, but even that they say is wrong. 

Anyway, on my final phone call with O2 confirming that my contracts have been cancelled and to get my Pac code to go elsewhere.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Best of luck mate.....

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7