cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 - sim won't work

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have my new phone and want to pass this one down to a family member. It's an ex contract on o2 but I can't get it to work with an exisiting sim card. Do I need a new o2 sim card and do the sim swap text?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Start from the beginning.
If it's an O2 phone it will likely to be locked to O2 so will only work with O2 sim cards.
What is the sim you are trying in it?
If it needs unlocking, help is here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous What exactly do you mean? What happens when you turn the phone on? Does the sim fit properly? Is it a Pay & Go sim? If so, do you have credit on it?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Does the S4 work with the old sim in?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's an ex contract o2 phone.

A current o2 sim card has been tried, but a mesasge of no sim appears.

The phone has been idle for a couple of months - I'm digging for my old sim.

Basically I want to get it working for a pay as you go phone.

thanks for the responses.

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Either sim reader is faulty or sim needs a bit of sellotape on the back of it to make it fit a bit tighter.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Just had another thought - make sure you aren't putting sim into sd card slot as they are very similar.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - I've fopund the old o2 sim and tried that, but no joy. Still get the message of no sim.

I have tried my current sim which doesn't work. I checked where it slides in and all looks ok. When turning the phone on I have pressed my finger onto the sim slot (gently) to ensure a connection but no joy.

Definitely the sim slot slight_smile 

Any other ideas?

Thanks 

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

Sim reader is faulty - if still under warranty, contact Samsung, if no warranty, get it fixed on your local market or buy a sim reader off ebay and fix it yourself.

PHONE SUPPORT

0330 SAMSUNG (726 7864)

Monday to Saturday | 9am to 6pm

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9