cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 Black Screen

Anonymous
Not applicable

My daughters Galaxy S4 has a black screen after she took it out of the charger.  Its under a year old and so I wondered, having purchased the phone from o2 who I actually contact about this.  Do I take it into my o2 store I bought it from or do I contact samsung.

Also I dont have original receipt as the phone is over 5 months old.  Any help would be appreciated on this as I'd like this sorted with the least amount of hassle and cost.  Thanks

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/ or call 0330 SAMSUNG (726 7864)
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The first thing you should try is a factory reset.
You may have to remove the battery for around 5 mins but after that it should boot into recovery mode (Hold Volume up + Power together).
If it completely refuses to play ball you would be best advised to contact Samsung directly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The choice is yours as to where to return it under warranty. We always suggest going direct to the manufacturers for repair due to some dubious reports on here about O2's repairers. You should be able to get proof of purchase from previous orders in My O2.

Have you tried a factory reset on the phone?

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/ or call 0330 SAMSUNG (726 7864)

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just to add, we normally advise against returning to O2 in these sort of cases..  The phone is still under warranty and you will get vastly superior service from samsung....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
This sounds to me like the battery had totally drained.

If you press the power button on the right hand side and keep it held down. After about 8 seconds the device should vibrate and start up.

If when you press the power key and hold it down a green battery appears, let go of the power button, press it again to get the black screen then press the power key for 8 seconds until it vibrates
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous welcome to the O2 Community! Have you tried any of the advice above? Let us know slight_smile
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thaks for all the advice.  I contacted samsung directly who asked me to send the phone to hopefully be repaired.  Phone now sent away day after phoning them.  So its in their hands now.

Again thank you to all who posted advice  appreciate it.

Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good luck and keep us updated.You made the right choice of where to send it slight_smile

Message 9 of 9