Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRINDINGLY SLOW DATA SPEED

richard238
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hI, O2 has had the same orange coloured message up for months on slow data speed, for postcode xxx xxx, xxxxxxx xxxx, xxxxxxxxx, saying in as many words they're aware of the problem and are working on it.  Obiously they're not working on it.  Data speed is fine at my location xxx xxx, xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx, but, when I visit my almost blind 86 year old mum at xxxxxxxx xxxx to help her with online shopping using the hotspot on my Smartphone to get the internet on her laptop+big screen tv, it would probably be quicker to hop in the car - drive to Morrisons - and march around the store to get the groceries !  Also, I noticed the little 4G symbol often drops to 3G.  We dumped "3" 's MIFI dongle contract a few months ago, beginning to think we should have kept it !

bests regards

RJK

[Mod edit: Please do not post personal information on the public board. Thanks!]

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Repairing a mast can be complicated for a number of reasons, including getting access to it (they are often on land o2 do not own) and parts being in short supply @richard238 

All you can do is download the o2 My Network app and keep reporting it while you are there.

See more suggestions in the guide below.

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Repairing a mast can be complicated for a number of reasons, including getting access to it (they are often on land o2 do not own) and parts being in short supply @richard238 

All you can do is download the o2 My Network app and keep reporting it while you are there.

See more suggestions in the guide below.

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

richard238
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thanks for this.  There's a big mobile antennae array on top of a block of flats in xxxx xxxxxx, less than a mile from mums bungalow.  Dunno if o2 is up there.  I did change the wifi channel to one of the three non-overlapping channels on the (now dumped) "3" mifi unit, and got a big data speed improvement ages ago.  The are a lot of wifi signals all around mums bungalow.  Perhaps I should try that in Smartphone / hotspot / laptop settings.

best regards, RJK

Message 3 of 4

richard238
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ooops ! A moderator in here somewhere chastised/advised me for possibly divulging personal security details of some type, I don't think I really did, perhaps an overcautious algorithm somewhere alerted the moderator to this.

best regards, RJK

best regards, 

RJK

Message 4 of 4