Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Frustrated with contract upgrade date

Just a bit of a rant here. I've had some hoohah with O2 about the official date of my upgrade. On the 'My O2' webpage it said 8th January but when I spoke to someone several weeks back they said it was the 7th. I rang my local store to arrange reserving a phone a couple of weeks back, and she then told me her system said that it was the 8th. I then spoke to someone on the online chat who confirmed 100% for me it was the 7th.
Today (7th) I got up early before work and got the bus over to the O2 store to get the phone, and I even saved the transcript of the webchat to prove I had been confirmed the 7th. After opening the phone and playing around with it, I then had to sit for half an hour while the sales guy had to talk to the webchat (again) and the upgrade team over the phone to try and figure out which date it was because when he went to process it, his system was showing the 8th and wouldn't let him proceed with the upgrade.
In the end, it turns out that my upgrade date is actually the 8th, but because it's a leap year, the extra day in Feb has mistakenly pushed the date back to the 7th on some (not all) of the O2 systems. So I had to leave the shop without the phone, needing to get a taxi back home because the whole thing took so long I missed my bus home, and I now have to try and negotiate a Sunday bus timetable to pick it up tomorrow.
I know waiting one more day is not a huge deal but the hassle of going to the store for nothing, given that I'd checked the date carefully beforehand, was unbelievably frustrating. He wouldn't even let me take the phone home today and just sort out the paperwork tomorrow.
Has anyone else encountered any stupid mistakes with things like this? I'm in two minds about whether to kick up a shitstorm in the store tomorrow about the inconvenience and ridiculousness of it all.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Frustrated with contract upgrade date

...I got the phone and it's amazing and I'm super happy =') O2 you are forgiven!
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

It's such a shame when these things happen, I'm glad you're pleased with the new phone though! Smiley Very Happy
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Topics: 573
Solutions: 3,845

Highlighted
Anonymous

Sensation XE, the headphones are pretty ace and it's a massive upgrade in performance and customisability vs my old iPhone 3G. Very good looking too, would definitely recommend.
Highlighted
Anonymous

.... about times, when and how? It's a good question... My experience show that to cancel one contract to get another-one takes "don't know when" 1- in 24 h; 2-48h 3-still doing; lol from 11.01.2012 (today 14.01.2012)
All what O2 have to do is cancel account and keep number to a new account... that's it! ... but
Otherwise, I have to pay double...
Business is business, but now looks it's robber... lol