cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated to say the least

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been an O2 customer since I was 12 years old mainly on payg. I got a contract out in March which consists of unlimited mins and texts and 1gb of data for £38.00 p/m for 24 months. Unfortunately, I realised too late that I was entitled to NHS discount and when I rang up customer services, the woman I spoke to was so rude! She couldn't put the discount on as I was a day after the 28 period which I still think is absolutely ridiculous. Shortly after, O2 took out a contract which was for the same amount of mins and texts but with 2gb data for the same price. I don't understand what is so difficult for the various people I have spoken to at O2 customer services for asking if I could get the extra 1gb as I am paying the exact same price!

If this continues I am definitely going to be leaving O2 and switching to 3 or vodaphone as I know they will be of more help and will have contracts which will be definitely worth the money and not some scamming contracts which O2 have!!! Totally totally ruined the start of my new year!
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and welcome

Perhaps a good way to think about it is you take your car to the petrol station and you pay £1.20 pet litre. So you full up with 60 litres.

The following day the price has reduced to £1.10 per litre. If you ask for a refund it won't happen.

The same happens with all the networks. I had a similar issue with Vodafone before and they wouldn't budge and neither it seems will o2.

You take the deal as it as at that point in time. That is your contract. If o2 we're to increase the price from £38 to £48 a month after you signed up would you therefore expect your price to go up?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Fully understand your frustration but there is not much we can advise you.
If it is a refresh contract you could pay off the phone plan and cancel the airtime so that you can take a new deal, but remember, the deals change all the time so the same could happen again.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and welcome

Perhaps a good way to think about it is you take your car to the petrol station and you pay £1.20 pet litre. So you full up with 60 litres.

The following day the price has reduced to £1.10 per litre. If you ask for a refund it won't happen.

The same happens with all the networks. I had a similar issue with Vodafone before and they wouldn't budge and neither it seems will o2.

You take the deal as it as at that point in time. That is your contract. If o2 we're to increase the price from £38 to £48 a month after you signed up would you therefore expect your price to go up?
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Pay off £300 for the excess?! I don't think so. My boyfriend whose on vodaphone had the same problem and they gave him unlimited data for 3 months. That's what I call satisfying customer needs. Not this rubbish!!
Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
You are just paying off the phone cost which is then yours to keep.
The airtime is cancelled free of charge which leaves you free to take a deal with Voda if that is your preference.
If your phone is locked to O2, request an unlock first before you leave http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
2cTusee and Welcome to the forum.

I think we've all bought into something or bought something that then has reduced in price not too long after. Sod's Law is a saying that comes to mind.

It is a shame they cannot allow the deal due to you being a day over the time frame, but in balance they have to draw a line somewhere.

Occasionally their are the opportunities to change tariff although one cannot cannot downgrade in costs ,and these typically present themselves in http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 when it becomes applicable or by ringing customer services as you have already attempted.

I know you have rung them a few times but it can sometimes depend on the agent you speak to.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
What makes you think the other networks are going to be any better, if you really want to leave then please check other networks payg sims for the best coverage in your area
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this just because you want the discount
Message 8 of 8