cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated customer need to re-grade, but can't see how. Easier to leave?

OIMO
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just visited the O2 website planning to purchase a new phone and monthly contract for my son and then realised another family member already had an O2 contract. I saw there was a way to add an additional contact and save 20% so thought I'd look at their existing deal.   Logged in and it says their iPhone device plan is settled but they are paying £15.71 a month for O2 Refresh 500 24M 500MB.  This seems ridiculous to me. Looking at the 'change your tarrif' options available to them the cheapest option is 1GB for about £20 a month! Is it broken or does O2 automatically rip of loyal customers? I can't see how to move them to the sensible tarrifs shown elsewhere on the website or even to contact someone to to talk about it. In fact the only thing that seems easy is sign up to an even higher rate rip off or leave O2.

I've gone from planning to buy a new phone and airtime contract to seriously considering closing the existing account and take both phones and contracts somewhere else.  Is this the best plan or am I missing something?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@OIMO 

Yes you are missing it.

You need to scroll down to upgrade options and choose a SIM only deal, not in tariff change.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

OIMO
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I see, in the shop options at the foot of the page, rather than in the main page content. Thanks.

Against all of those it says '£ Today's price +RPI% (announced in February 2021 (Price A))' Does that mean the price will go up before my first months bill?  If so when does O2 announce the new prices?

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@OIMO 

From your April bill, there will be a 1.4% price increase this year 

https://www.o2.co.uk/prices#:~:text=This%20year's%20RPI%20was%20published,before%20you'd%20signed%20....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122358 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Deleted by me.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

EE are increasing by the RPI + 3.9% on top for new accounts which is disgraceful

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Same on Vodafone too.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7