Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front camera has stopped working on my Samsung Galaxy Note8

ChrisH
Level 3: Thinker
  • 103 Posts
  • 30 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I just woke up to find my front camera isn't working. I only realised because facial recognition unlock wasn't working so I unregistered my face then tried to register it again but got the error:

Face recognition not working
Couldn't open Camera. Try again

I rebooted but the same issues happens again.

I went to the camera and the rear camera is working fine but when I flip to the front icon I get error:

Warning
Unknown error occurred.

I typed *#0*# into the phone to enter diagnostics then selected "Front camera" which reported:

Camera failed

I have cleared cache/data of the Camera app - that did not fix it.

I will try a factory reset and, if needed, installation of latest firmware via Odin but if that fails do you think I need to return it to o2 for repair?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 would repair it but we would always recommend going directly to Samsung as we hear some horror stories about o2 repairs falsely claiming water damage etc which is outside of warranty.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 would repair it but we would always recommend going directly to Samsung as we hear some horror stories about o2 repairs falsely claiming water damage etc which is outside of warranty.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 14

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I would suggest contacting Samsung directly - search for Anovo on this forum (or through google) and see the reputation that they have.
I personally used LG for a phone repair issue last year and got the fault fixed quicker and I had contact through the process, something that many, many others do not get with Anovo.
Good luck, and if you can keep us posted...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Contact for Samsung here
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

Currently using:
Message 4 of 14

ChrisH
  • 103 Posts
  • 30 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Cheers!
Message 5 of 14

ChrisH
  • 103 Posts
  • 30 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks for this!
Message 6 of 14

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good luck mate.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 14

ChrisH
  • 103 Posts
  • 30 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I can just take it to the walk-in repair shop at Newcastle.

Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, ideal if you have one nearby.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 14

ChrisH
  • 103 Posts
  • 30 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Well I had a totally wasted day. I had insufficient proof of purchase for Samsung.

1hr there on the bus, 1hr faffing around trying to get the right documents printed, 30 mins waiting on hold with o2 before I gave up, 1hr home on the bus, get home and fortunately get through to live chat who take a bit of time but eventually say they will email through proof within the next 24hrs.

Message 10 of 14