cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From pay as you go to smartphone

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I transfer my contacts from a Nokia pay as you go phone to my new Nokia smartphone?  Please.

The old phone has a standard SIM and the new one a micro.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
If you want to keep you old payg number do not use sim swap but the keep my number service . (can you confirm you are either using a new pay monthly account or payg still then advice above will work apart from keeping your contacts)

For contacts you will need to save them to your computer from the old phone using the pc suite for the old phone then import them to the new phone our use one of the online services.

I will post the link to keep my number in a few mins.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

You need to pick up a nano sim from an o2 shop and perform a sim swap in store or do it at home.

A Sim Swap Moves your Current tariff and Current Number from one sim card to another.

ie: You are on Payg and staying on the same Payg account.

ie: You are on a Contract and staying on that same Contract account.

Allow from a few hours to approx 24 for your network service to fully return. By turning the phone off and in within this period helps reset your services.

This will move your tariff and number over to the micro sim.

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk

Ref your contacts do you use a Nokia Suite or outlook ?

Here is a possible useful link

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/How-to-get-your-contacts-to-your-new-phone/td-p/43...

Message 2 of 3

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
If you want to keep you old payg number do not use sim swap but the keep my number service . (can you confirm you are either using a new pay monthly account or payg still then advice above will work apart from keeping your contacts)

For contacts you will need to save them to your computer from the old phone using the pc suite for the old phone then import them to the new phone our use one of the online services.

I will post the link to keep my number in a few mins.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 3