Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From business monthly to SIM only

DJB3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How do I change from a business monthly contract to private SIM only and retain my number?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@DJB3 

You'll need to call O2 on 8002 and customer service will sort you out.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @DJB3 feel free to give us a shout if you have any further questions about switching over to sim only. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 6

mbhw
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hej @Martin-O2 – I have a similar problem and I can't seem to find an (affordable) solution: I want to transfer the number I'm currently using at work (paid for by my company) to a private sim-only pay monthly contract. I'm being told by work that this would cost them 600£ – is that true? And if not, how can I solve this?

Message 4 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@mbhw 

It all depends on the contract and if you sim is in it's minimum term, as that will the the termination fees. Enterprise and SME customers still have to pay termination fees for sim cards, thats why most put them back into the pool when people leave. 

The only people who can tell you are your employers..

At the end of the day, and im sorry to say but the number belongs to your employer, and they can and some do add admin charges on top of the termination fees. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 6

mbhw
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the prompt response. I was anticipating some sort of fee (as you say, it's their number, etc. etc.) – but 600£ just felt like a bit of a *bleep* take.

On the bright side: it allows me to optimise for the most affordable provider/deal. 

Message 6 of 6