cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Simo to device and airtime, how does my bill change.

disgruntledman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I have been on a simo deal for a while, my bill always comes on the 24th and I pay roughly on the 8th.

I have today just upgraded to a device and airtime deal which is much more expensive.

I beleive my new bill will be of the higher amount, but I am wondering If I had just waited until the 25th and changed my plan then would I not have just paid the lower price. I am wondering what is stopping me going and taking the device back cancelling the contract and then opening a new one on the 25th.

I went to live chat and they said each bill is for the month ahead, not behind. Still with this in mind would I still not pay the lower amount if I had waited until the 25th, can anyone please explain.

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@disgruntledman you will pay a pro rata amount up to the billing date, not a full month's worth. From next month you will pay a new full monthly bill, so the date you upgrade makes no difference to what you pay.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@disgruntledman you will pay a pro rata amount up to the billing date, not a full month's worth. From next month you will pay a new full monthly bill, so the date you upgrade makes no difference to what you pay.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 14

disgruntledman
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The 02 advisor suggested I would get a refund from today until the 24th from my old contract, but that does not seem to line up with what you are saying that I would pay pro rata, unless I have misunderstood.

thankyou for your reply nevertheless.

Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

There is no refund, the extra cost of the new contract will be added to your current bill cost. As it will only be for 6 days, it won't be a significant increase this month.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 14

disgruntledman
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I do hope you are right but I fear I will pay the large sum this month, you have told me one thing which I beleive and the chat advisor told me I would pay the larger sum minus refund for the 5 days unused and Im not sure which will happen. The people in the shop should be able to tell me exactly what I will pay this month.

Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Be sure to let us know who was correct wink
You will, of course have your device payment to make too, but your airtime bill will be pro rata. For upgrades, your billing date stays the same.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 14

disgruntledman
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I cant stop thinking that if I had waited until the 25th I would have received a bill for £14 which I would have then paid on the 8th april, I then would have went in store on the 25th the day after receing this low bill and upgraded leaving me not rececving another bill until the 24th of april with the new higher sum (35 device and 27 airtime) meaning I would be much better of...

Am I missing a screw or is that not what would have been best?

Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That would be correct but as you have got the phone earlier you start paying for it earlier. You will still pay the same over the two years though.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

disgruntledman
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So if this is the case, then on the 24th I will pay 1 month of the device, but my airtime will only be my previous contract amount from 25th feb - 19th march plus 19th march to 24th with the new tarrif, so roughly a few pounds more airtime plus my device. but in total I will have a shorter length wise contract?

Sorry, Im really not getting this!

Message 10 of 14