cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friends and Family Discount removed, when on My account it says has an unlimited end date

Anonymous
Not applicable

My contract came to an end with O2, and rather than upgrading, I decided to change to the Simplicity tariff, but on my original tariff, I have 30% friends and family discount, which said did not have an end date, yet when I have swapped my tariff over, the discount has been removed!

Is this normal, and should I have been warned when changing to this online.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I think you have to do it in store and your friend would need to apply again for the discount.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The no end date applies to the tariff whilst you are on contract. Once you change a new set of T&C's apply. Can you not just get your discount re added to your new contract?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can it be done online? Only last time my friend went into the shop with me to apply the discount. Just surprised it is removed without warning you, and surely O2 can check if that person still works there for the discount to apply.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I think you have to do it in store and your friend would need to apply again for the discount.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4