Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free tablet Samsung A 10 with S9

MattS9
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I purchased my S9 nearly 3 weeks ago but still no sign of my free tablet or any dispatch notification. I was told it would be dispatched after 14 days (when the cooling off period ends and I cant return the phone) and that it can take up to 40 days, but I've now recently read it can take up to 54 days?

Few issues I'd like answers to...

I haven't had any actual 'in writing' confirmation that I've qualified so is there anyway to confirm I'm definitely getting one?

Also will I be notified when it is dispatched? Or be provided with any tracking info?

Has anyone received there tablet yet that can provide a realistic timeline?

Many thanks in advance

P.S. please no generic copy and paste answers from the website or terms and conditions. I'm looking for personal experience answers here 🙂
Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MattS9It is up to 14-40  days (total 54 ) before you will get the tablet. Also depends on stock remaining

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/free-samsung-galaxy-tab-a-101free-gift-with-qualifyi...

You should get tracking information.. though you may not.

If I were you I would be on the phone to O2  and ask when they expect it to be dispatched. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Edited to add, I don't know of anyone who has received theirs yet. We have had 4 queries like yours over the weekend..... hence my 'generic answer'...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MattS9It is up to 14-40  days (total 54 ) before you will get the tablet. Also depends on stock remaining

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/free-samsung-galaxy-tab-a-101free-gift-with-qualifyi...

You should get tracking information.. though you may not.

If I were you I would be on the phone to O2  and ask when they expect it to be dispatched. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Edited to add, I don't know of anyone who has received theirs yet. We have had 4 queries like yours over the weekend..... hence my 'generic answer'...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 22

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Definitely query this with customer service and ask them to confirm you qualify for this tablet. I'm a little wary about O2 offers and there are invarably issues with them.

Message 3 of 22

MattS9
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm still not following the 54 days thing....if it takes from 14 to 40 days then surely the max is still 40? Or is it from 14 to 40 for dispatch then another 14 for delivery?? Tried calling o2 but they had a message on their call sue saying there was a 15 minute wait time.

I've never had an issue with offers bit normally I've got the free gift in-store at the time of purchase.

Although they did mess me about with a free data upgrade, was supposed to get 12gb bolt on and after purchase they said the offer ended before purchase and despite o2 offering it to me at the time of purchase they could not honor it, ended up offering me 5gb bolt on as a GW gesture.

I'll contact them in due course.

Thanks guys.
Message 4 of 22

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You have to wait 14 for the cooling off period to end to ensure you don’t cancel the contract then it’s up to 40 days after that, hence 54 from taking the contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Which does seem a long time to wait....hence the reason to get onto CS asap and not wait till the end date.

People who take the effort to remind  them are usually the ones who are luckiest with getting the promotion

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 22

MattS9
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi everyone

So I spoke to O2 today, they have advised that once they process the free gift application (which they do, there is no form to fill in etc). Then the system auto generates an estimated time of delivery.

I bought my phone 3 weeks ago today, they have advised this morning that the tablet will be dispatched on Monday hopefully and I should receive it between Wednesday and Friday.

So if anyone is looking a straight answer you'll have to phone O2 but from my experience it's roughly 4 weeks waiting time, give or take.

Hope this helps.
Message 7 of 22

Annerobinson
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Did it actually ever arrive??
Message 8 of 22

MattS9
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Anne

Nothing yet but it was only due for dispatch on Monday and for delivery between Wednesday and Friday....granted it is a public holiday today(Thursday 12th July) I would maybe expect delivery on Friday.

If not then I will contact 02 for an update, I will update in due course.

Thanks
Matt
Message 9 of 22

DSHLTD
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought my phone about a month ago. I had not idea there was an offer and was not advised at the time but my tablet turned up out of the blue yesterday.

Message 10 of 22