Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Free international calls

hi i'm with Pay&Go Your country sim tariff. I have 100 free minutes for international calls. My friend is abroad (usa) and I'd like to know if I can call him free on his uk mobile using my free international minutes? Or does he has to have usa mobile (with usa sim) so I can call him free?
Thanks for any responses and help!
Highlighted
Topics: 572
Solutions: 3,844

Free international calls

The free minutes are to international land lines and mobiles.

Calling a UK mobile is not classed as an international mobile, wherever it is it's a network call.

If you call them on their UK mobile they will be charged for receiving the call.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Free international calls

Ok, so in that case i have to ask him to get usa sim card. Thanks a lot for a quick repy! Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Free international calls

i had the same question and as it did not say anything about this in the booklet that came with the sim and not knowing much about calling aboard i tohugh it would be fine, however it used my crdiet and all of the person that i called, spoken to serval people at o2 and they say it is made very clear it can not be a U.K number, yet i couldnt find anything to say this, found it very annoying. your lucky you know a bit more about calling aboard than me.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I had the same thing, 100 international minutes, and I can't.really tell if these are on the same tarrif as local calls, or free altogether, as a bonus. All I know is that I meet my monthly PAYG quota and spend about one hour talking to my folks, abroad.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I had the same thing, 100 international minutes, and I can't.really tell if these are on the same tarrif as local calls, or free altogether, as a bonus. All I know is that I meet my monthly PAYG quota and spend about one hour talking to my folks, abroad.

It sounds like you are on a tariff called "Your Country"
The allowance given is minutes to call international landlines and international mobiles from the UK.
More information can be found here - http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi there, my partner had a Pay as you go Call your Country and switched the number to contract, he had 10 Pounds balance and 100 free international minutes - we were told the balance would be credited onto his pay monthly contract but I am not sure about the free minutes? It would be really annoying if we'd lost them - guess we should have been told so, in order to use them all up?
Thanks a lot, good Sunday to everyone.