cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Pay & Go Sims

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is probably answered somewhere, but I can't see it...

I'm going to Spain next week and I've an old iPhone I'm taking - mainly for music etc rather than choking my newer one with that.

Anyway, I've updated it with the new software and now it's not doing anything as it requires a valid sim to operate.

It's been a long time since I've had Pay & Go as I've been in an o2 contract for about ten years, but can I get a free sim in an o2 shop this weekend and essentially use it for the holiday and then just not top up again? I'll top it up for the holiday but then probably won't need to again as I've my ongoing contract?

I know you can get free sims online, but they won't arrive in time!

Cheers.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92922 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes you can get a free sim at the O2 store but you will probably have to top it up by £10. After 6 months the sim will be disconnected unless you make a chargeable call so use all the credit first.

Alternatively you can pick one up from major retailers such as Asda, Tesco etc for around a pound but you would still have to top up to activate it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 92922 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes you can get a free sim at the O2 store but you will probably have to top it up by £10. After 6 months the sim will be disconnected unless you make a chargeable call so use all the credit first.

Alternatively you can pick one up from major retailers such as Asda, Tesco etc for around a pound but you would still have to top up to activate it.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Smashing! Yeah, I thought that. Once I went onto a contract I didn't think I'd even need to concern myself with Pay & Go again!

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 92922 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Makes sense to use a P&G sim if you just want the music and maybe send an odd text.

Enjoy Spain slight_smile

Message 4 of 4