Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Free Pay & Go iPad sim card... do they actually exist?

Ok so I got my iPad in early June with a free 3 sim... and got online to order a free O2 card almost straight away. Several weeks later nothing so I called into an O2 store. "Sorry we don't have any in stock, have you tried online?". So I tried again and again nothing arrived so I tried a 3rd time, this time with a different email address in case there was a problem with the original one.
So, still nothing comes and I email customer support via the main O2 website. Nearly a week later I've had no response to that either!
I was going to call to get one but there doesn't seem to be a number specifically for obtaining sim cards and don't want to spend hours going around the houses which, given my experience so far, I suspect might happen.
So can anybody tell me, do these free P&G sim cards for the iPad actually exist and if so how can I actually get one. I have a specific need for O2 since one of the places that I need to use it isn't covered well by the other networks - otherwise I'd just continue to tether to my iPhone on Vodafone.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Free Pay & Go iPad sim card... do they actually exist?

Ring your 02 stores to see if they have stock and also check with carfone warehouse too.
Its weird your having issues getting the microsim and I feel your frustration.
I dont have an ipad so i assume they are different from iphone microsims then ?
Highlighted
Anonymous

I've actually visited my 2 local stores (all the much harder since I'm currently struggling with a broken leg) and they keep referring me back to the website.
They are the same physical microsim as the iPhone 4 but apparently the iPhone ones won't work with the iPad as the tariff differs.
I'm just finding it really frustrating that O2 seem to be making it so hard to actually get hold of one of these things, especially since the website says they'll send you 2 cards - the second one for a friend. Don't O2 want my money???
Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,850
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

try asking one of the o2 site admins via pm to look at the issue for you or post on @o2 twitter feed Try zoe@o2 on here by pm outlining this thread.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

Come on Mod's lets help this guy spend money with our network !!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Did you order the SIM card through this page? -
http://shop.o2.co.uk/ipadtariffs/index.html
I'm not aware of any issues with stock but I can look into it.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes I did... on 3 different occasions using 2 different email addresses. Hence why I'm pulling my hair out over this!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Ok.
If you'd like to PM me your details and the different email addresses you used to order I'll see if I can check what's going on for you.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks. A PM will be with you shortly.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks. A PM will be with you shortly.

Did you manage to get sorted with a microsim card ?