Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Earbuds Offer with new Samsung A54

JJFGB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I purchased a Samsung A54 which was supposed to come with free earbuds with a code to be sent out after 30 days.  I have not received a code despite trying to speak to somebody at O2 who can help and failing miserably.  It would appear that the offer had to be redeemed by 5th July, a bit difficult when you haven't received the voucher.

Given that chat and phone don't seem to work, what is my next port of call before cancelling all my services for breach of contract?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@JJFGB 

Message O2 on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

JJFGB
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was able to eventually speak to customer services who promised a new code within 48 hours.  It never arrived.
Called back today to be told - take it up with Samsung. The offer was on the O2 website, itwas an integral part of my purchase from O2 and under the Consumer Protection Act, my contract is with O2.  Samsung say speak to O2.

Wish I never had joined O2

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@JJFGB 

It's never been a Samsung offer.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

JJFGB
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You know that, I know that and O2 know that.  Clearly O2 don't care as they have my money now anyway.
I shall be cancelling this contract under the Consumer Protection Act as the earbuds offer was an integral part of why I chose that device and therefore they have failed to fulfil the contract.  I will move all my contracts away from O2 as soon as they expire.  

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Don't blame you @JJFGB 

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6