Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent call

Elf1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was charged over £700.00 for a supposedly almost 5 hours call apparently to Tunisia or Brazil depending on which O2 supervisor I spoke to.  The call was 100% not made from my phone as we know no one in either country.  I have spent hours on the phone with various O2 personnel and was assured that the call was fraudulent. I even had an email telling me that I would get a refund.  Much to my consternation after not receiving the refund, I was eventually told that the refund hadn’t’ been approved.  I was being misled all along by the various personnel I spoke to it seems.  I took my case to the Ombudsman and because it was a fraud, they cannot deal with it and O2 has not accepted responsibility. I have been with O2 for over 20 years, never been in debt and I will definitely leave them when my contract is up.  They have the resources to investigate and they are not doing it. How can this be right!! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10181 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Elf1 

By the sounds of it they investigated and have found against you hence the refund been denied.. and sorry to say it will be up to you to prove you didn't make a call to Tunisia or Brazil. 

No one on here can help, and if the ombudsman cant help then all you can do is raise a complaint to o2, and see if that goes anywhere.. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 2