Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Fraudulent Account

About a month ago I received a mobile phone from O2 with a welcome pack etc. about a week later I received a letter welcoming me to O2, on receipt of the letter I contacted O2 Customer Services to explain that I had never set up an account & that this must be a fraudulent account.
The person I spoke to took my details & said the Fraud department would be in contact within a 48 hours, 5 days after speaking to the Customer services I had not received a call so I phoned them again & again I was told I would be contacted within 48 hours!
A whole week later & still no call so I managed to find a number for O2 fraud dept, so I phoned them direct, the person I spoke to was able to find my 'case' on their system & said I would receive a call again within 48 hours where they would sort it out for me!
I then received a reminder letter to pay which prompted me to contact the Fraud dept again & again I was told I would be contacted within 48 hours.
This was 6 days ago & still no return call!

How do I get this mess sorted?

Regards

David S
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Fraudulent Account

Whatever happens, keep a careful record of all that has gone on, dates, times and details of all the calls you have made (names of contacts are helpful).

I would also inform my local police and obtain a crime number, just in case this escalates and gets out of control.

I would also contact Experian, or Equifax and get a copy of your credit file (£2.00 I believe), to see if anyone has applied for credit in your name.

This could be allied to identity theft.

Keep on at O2 until you get a response, ie every day!

I would also write to O2 Head Office, recorded delivery at:

Telefónica O2 UK:
260 Bath Road
Slough
Berkshire
SL1 4DX
United Kingdom

Switchboard: +44(0)113 272 2000

Good luck.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

Fraudulent Account

I know that the fraud team are mega mega busy at the moment so the standard timescales are being stretched.

Did you send the phone back as soon as you got it?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Fraudulent Account

I know that the fraud team are mega mega busy at the moment so the standard timescales are being stretched.
Did you send the phone back as soon as you got it?

The Fraud team have told me that they are very busy at the moment, they also told me that they would contact me within 48 hours, which they havent!
I have not sent the phone back as when I first spoke to customer services they stated that the fraud department would arrange collection, maybe they might when they eventually ring me!

Whatever happens, keep a careful record of all that has gone on, dates, times and details of all the calls you have made (names of contacts are helpful).
I would also inform my local police and obtain a crime number, just in case this escalates and gets out of control.
I would also contact Experian, or Equifax and get a copy of your credit file (£2.00 I believe), to see if anyone has applied for credit in your name.
This could be allied to identity theft.
Keep on at O2 until you get a response, ie every day!
I would also write to O2 Head Office, recorded delivery at:
Telefónica O2 UK:
260 Bath Road
Slough
Berkshire
SL1 4DX
United Kingdom
Switchboard: +44(0)113 272 2000
Good luck.

Thanks for the Head office detrails perksie, I may give them a try, I've been making a note of the Telephone calls etc, but I'm very surprised that a Fraud Department have not tried to resolve this any sooner, its now a month ago when I first reported it!
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Fraudulent Account

Busy????? Smiley Indifferent

Please keep us updated with how you get on.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1